PDA

View Full Version : Best Floor Mat on the Market?

JPW
07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
I have been looking for new floor mats for my 2006 BMW 750LI. I purchased some replacement mats from my local BMW dealership, but they weren`t very plush and I didn`t like the lettering. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best and most plush floor mats on the market? I`m having trouble confirming what might be the top product.

jono20
07-17-2010, 04:04 PM
I`ve always thought these looked nice, price isn`t bad either.

http://autogeek.net/lloyd-ultimat-custom-carpet-mats.html

Forane
07-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Weathertech makes good quaility ones:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/product.aspx?ItemGroupId=52

wascallyrabbit
07-17-2010, 05:06 PM
weathertech(1st choice) or ggbailey.

jmsc
07-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Haven`t bought them but Lloyd`s will be my first choice when I buy my next new car this Fall 2010 or 2011. Tried Coco mats but the material sort of sheds over time. Tried Honda factory mats 2 times. They looked good when new but didn`t hold up well over just one winter. Tried Porsche factory mats. The mats were thick and plush. They held up best but my 911 was not driven during the winter months.

JPW
07-17-2010, 06:01 PM
I`ve always thought these looked nice, price isn`t bad either.

http://autogeek.net/lloyd-ultimat-custom-carpet-mats.html

Thanks. I thought of the Lloyd`s mat as well. They look nice, but it is hard for me to tell just how plush they really are. I am hoping for something on par to what I`ve seen in the high-end Mercedes. Can anyone confirm that the Lloyd`s mats are at least that good?

JPW
07-17-2010, 06:02 PM
weathertech(1st choice) or ggbailey.

Thanks! The Ggbailey look interesting. The Weathertech don`t interest me too much since I am looking for something plush, not rubber.

Accumulator
07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
.. I thought of the Lloyd`s mat as well. They look nice, but it is hard for me to tell just how plush they really are. I am hoping for something on par to what I`ve seen in the high-end Mercedes. Can anyone confirm that the Lloyd`s mats are at least that good?

I found them very similar to the OE mats in my `80s Benzes and Porsches, but that was a while ago and I bet this stuff changes.

But you know, I bet somebody like Lloyd`s makes almost all the mats for the OE market; I just don`t see Benz/BMW/Audi manufacturing floormats, I`m confident they buy them from somebody like Lloyds. Eh, somebody oughta know the details about this....

BluBrett
07-18-2010, 12:21 AM
I had Lloyds Ultimats in my old car, and they were the best floor mats I have ever had. I wouldn`t mind having some in my Acura Legend if they would allow me to write the word "LEGEND" in them.

JoeGravelle
07-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Someone mentioned coco mats.. Have you looked at their Sisal mats? I have a bunch of samples since I was planning on ordering a set of Sisal fiber mats.

Accumulator
07-18-2010, 12:19 PM
IMO sisel and coco mats are only appropriate in certain "period" vehicles and completely out of place in most modern rides.