PDA

View Full Version : The 5 P`s of Paint Perfection

Labster
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM
I was bored at work today and this came to mind. It`s probably been done before but oh well.

1. Proper Product - Not all paints are created equal and as such, the same product (Megs, Mez, Opti) will not correct the same.

2. Pad - Choose the right pad for the job. Same as #1, not all paints are created equal, some are rock hard (Audi, MB) some are medium (Honda) and some are butter soft (Jet Black BMW) and choosing the right pad is imperative.

3. Polisher - Know when a DA polisher can accomplish the job at hand or when you need to step it up to a Rotary to get your desired results

4. Passes - Some defects require multiple passes to correct so don`t lose heart when after one pass your paint doesn`t look perfect.

5. Patience - Paint correction takes time and can`t be rushed. Know your equipment and products and what kind of correction they can accomplish. Polishes need to be broken down fully to achieve optimal results and this takes time, be patient!

Those are the 5 P`s I came up with. Feel free to add your own or your CC to this as well.

(901)
07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
I was bored at work today and this came to mind. It`s probably been done before but oh well.

1. Proper Product - Not all paints are created equal and as such, the same product (Megs, Mez, Opti) will not correct the same.

2. Pad - Choose the right pad for the job. Same as #1, not all paints are created equal, some are rock hard (Audi, MB) some are medium (Honda) and some are butter soft (Jet Black BMW) and choosing the right pad is imperative.

3. Polisher - Know when a DA polisher can accomplish the job at hand or when you need to step it up to a Rotary to get your desired results

4. Passes - Some defects require multiple passes to correct so don`t lose heart when after one pass your paint doesn`t look perfect.

5. Patience - Paint correction takes time and can`t be rushed. Know your equipment and products and what kind of correction they can accomplish. Polishes need to be broken down fully to achieve optimal results and this takes time, be patient!

Those are the 5 P`s I came up with. Feel free to add your own or your CC to this as well.

You missed one:

Piss Poor

GoCubsGo
07-15-2010, 02:21 AM
I like this, great idea and would be useful when explaining the approach to polishing to a perspective client :bigups.

As for this comment:

You missed one:

Piss Poor

Not sure what this is all about, but the input from a member since 2004 carries a lot more weight than someone who`s been here a little over a month.

DaBum
07-15-2010, 02:27 AM
A good friend of mine use to quote what he called the 6 p`s. I think they apply to paint corretion and detailing pretty well:

Proper preperation prevents piss poor performance.

(901)
07-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Sounds like your friend is very smart individual ;)

DaBum
07-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Sounds like your friend is very smart individual ;)

32 years in the Special Forces will make you a pretty smart individual.

TLMitchell
07-17-2010, 10:02 PM
You missed one:

Piss Poor

That one was included with the 6-Ps I learned:

Pre-Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance. Applies to just about anything.

TL