PDA

View Full Version : glow stick stains

04impala
07-14-2010, 08:27 PM
the other night myself and a couple buddies were driving around town in my car with some glow sticks. one thing leads to another and i end up with at least three entire glow sticks all over the interior of my car. i now have some yellowish stains in a few spots on my dash and what not. i used some megs quik interior detailer with a MF towel, but it didnt seem to do anything. any thoughts or processes on how to go about this?

(901)
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
the other night myself and a couple buddies were driving around town in my car with some glow sticks. one thing leads to another and i end up with at least three entire glow sticks all over the interior of my car. i now have some yellowish stains in a few spots on my dash and what not. i used some megs quik interior detailer with a MF towel, but it didnt seem to do anything. any thoughts or processes on how to go about this?

If you were indeed riding around with glow sticks then you`ve got what you deserve. Whatever happened to baseball bats and mailboxes. I recommend you leave this stain there as a daily reminder that you may be ```

Accumulator
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
04impala- Sorry, I have zero idea how to clean that off, never had one activated in a vehicle. I`d try to carefully move up the scale in aggressiveness, from an all-purpose-cleaner to (gulp :nervous: ) maybe a magic eraser (which might do some real damage so be careful).

Mindflux
07-15-2010, 01:34 PM
04impala- Sorry, I have zero idea how to clean that off, never had one activated in a vehicle. I`d try to carefully move up the scale in aggressiveness, from an all-purpose-cleaner to (gulp :nervous: ) maybe a magic eraser (which might do some real damage so be careful).

Here I thought the scale would go "Yelling at the guy who made the mess" to (gulp :nervous:) kneecapping the guy in his sleep.

Accumulator
07-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Mindflux- Heh heh, I was focusing more on resolving the stain issue than correcting the behavioral one ;)

I woulda done the yelling in time to avoid the stains, and after that window had closed I woulda considered myself equally responsible (hence no kneecapping, better to just :wall ). You know how I am about such stuff, it`s another aspect of my "whatever happens, the driver is responsible for dealing with it" and there`s a real timeliness factor there.