PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towels at Costco

Pages : [1] 2

donut.
07-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Not sure if anyone knows, but Costco has a 36 pack of yellow microfiber towels for roughly $15. This is a great deal, even if they`re only good to use as rags. :spot

kkreit01
07-14-2010, 10:08 AM
I`ve used these for years for the occasional bird poo, door jambs, wheels, dusting around the house, etc. Like you said, they are cheap enough to use as rags -- but not on paint.

PS. They also work good for drying the dog off after he comes in from a rain storm -- lol.

donut.
07-15-2010, 09:09 AM
I hear ya. They`re so cheap, that you can use them to wipe your ***.

donut.
07-15-2010, 09:14 AM
I hear ya. They`re so inexpensive, that you can probably use them to wipe your ***.

Boston Man
07-18-2010, 08:00 AM
I dont know why so many people bash these yellow Costco towels. I`ve been using them since my car was brand new... 2006 Civic. I still have not noticed any swirl marks or any other types of scratches. I use them to dry and to wipe wax and polish residue off.

kb2ehj
07-18-2010, 10:58 AM
I dont know why so many people bash these yellow Costco towels. I`ve been using them since my car was brand new... 2006 Civic. I still have not noticed any swirl marks or any other types of scratches. I use them to dry and to wipe wax and polish residue off.

I agree, I`ve also been using them for over a year on my new `09 Honda Element with no scratches or swirls.

mystickid
07-19-2010, 12:06 AM
I bought the same ones. They`re wonderful for buffing off Polishing residue, buffing of wax and for use with QD`s.

chnsx7
07-19-2010, 02:28 PM
[attachment=9759:15630.attach]

is it that bad on the paint? Just bought these, how bad could it ruin the paint?

If these are not good enough for paint, then what is?

BigAl3
07-19-2010, 03:04 PM
if possible (if you are happy with these, than so be it), get the ones (proforce) at sams club. i checked out an open pack weeks ago and they seem nicer than the previous pack i bought many months back...

Legacy
07-19-2010, 04:04 PM
I dont know why so many people bash these yellow Costco towels. I`ve been using them since my car was brand new... 2006 Civic. I still have not noticed any swirl marks or any other types of scratches. I use them to dry and to wipe wax and polish residue off.Is your car white or silver by any chance?

Bobarell
07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I`ve used both the costco and sams brand and I like the SAMS brand a lot better....and they are cheaper. At our Costco they are $17 for the 35 pack. SAMS they are $9.99 for a 25 pack. The SAMS just feel better to the touch and absorb better straight out of the bag.

Bobarell
07-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Also, they are fine on paint as long as you keep them clean and free of dirt. Why is it that we have to use $20 towels to dry our cars off?? I`ve seen plenty of people using the Autozone/Walmart/Target drying towels and these actually absorb better. I have Cobras and PakShak in my arsonal but these are no worse than any "inexpensive" MF`s your going to buy anywhere else. But, they are A LOT cheaper than anywhere else!!

chnsx7
07-19-2010, 08:29 PM
was at sams club today and i could find those proforce MF towels u were talking about!

BigAl3
07-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Also, they are fine on paint as long as you keep them clean and free of dirt. Why is it that we have to use $20 towels to dry our cars off?? I`ve seen plenty of people using the Autozone/Walmart/Target drying towels and these actually absorb better. I have Cobras and PakShak in my arsonal but these are no worse than any "inexpensive" MF`s your going to buy anywhere else. But, they are A LOT cheaper than anywhere else!!

microfiber towels in general are getting better and better these days, and one doesn`t need to spend a fortune on them to get good/positive results. just make sure to monitor on how they perform (any microfiber for that matter) over time and if they have no negative results, you are good to go. paying more for something doesn`t always necessarily mean it`s better...

Boston Man
07-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Is your car white or silver by any chance?

It`s "Galaxy Gray Metallic"... a light brownish color.

I use a Brinkmann Dual Xenon light.