PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Bag Test

crc1
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
What`s up with putting your hand in a plastic bag to feel the finish before and after claying. Anything feels rough through it, I imagine a baby`s butt would too with that test! What am I missing?

loco
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I don`t really get it either. I can feel the roughness just fine with my bare finger.

Anthony O.
07-13-2010, 09:47 AM
The plastic film between your fingers (skin) and the paints surface heightens sensitivity multiple times over your bare skin.

Feel it with your bare hand and note the feel and texture then place the bag over your hand and feel it again noting the feel and texture (thin plastic works better). Now clay the surface and feel with your bare hand then again with the plastic film.

You should notice the paint will be much smoother with your bare hand now compared to the first time. The plastic film "may" still give a feel of paint contamination but it should be far less than the previous baggie test.

For the pro detailers this test is a huge selling point because many times people have no clue as to what paint contamination is and if they feel the paint with their bare hands they may think the detailer is trying to pull a fast one for extra cash. So this demonstration is a great way to have the client for themselves see an instant difference in their paints condition.

It always gets us a big reaction and almost always a sale.

Anthony

David Fermani
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
It always gets us a big reaction and almost always a sale.

X 1,000,000

I like using the celophane from a pack of cigarettes.