PDA

View Full Version : My new detail rig / daily driver!

Pages : [1] 2

white gecko
07-10-2010, 11:39 PM
After a lot of hard work and a very busy schedule for quite a while now, it was finally time to upgrade my daily driver. Most of you know that I`ve been making my Honda Civic work for my daily and detail vehicle. It could fit pretty much everything, but it wasn`t fun and I really did need more room. So today I picked this up and it will be my new daily/detail rig!!

2005 GMC Sierra ext cab SLT 5.3L

-46k miles, with the remainder of the 100,000 mile warranty

-Leather seats and steering wheel with audio controls

-Heated driver and passenger seat

-Power seats with memory

-Power lumbar support on both front seats

-Bose stereo with 10" sub

-XM Radio

-Onstar

-Power everything and cruise

-Dual Zone Digital climate control

-Traction control and auto leveling suspension for trailering

-Trail-brake controller

-LineX bedliner

-Magnaflow muffler

-HID kit

I`ve never had a vehicle fully loaded before, so this is a HUGE change over my very basic civic which pretty much only had AC and power windows and steering lol. I have plans for mods for the truck soon, both personal and business related. It also needs a thorough paint correction, but for now here are a few pics until I get the good ones up!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/immaculate_reflections_showcase/1.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/immaculate_reflections_showcase/2.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/immaculate_reflections_showcase/4.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/immaculate_reflections_showcase/truck002.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/immaculate_reflections_showcase/3.jpg

I want to thank everyone who has helped support my business over the years as all of you were instrumental in making this happen. Thank you! I will use this to make my service even better for everyone here!

WAS
07-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Congrats ! Buying a new vehicle is always fun :)

Mindflux
07-11-2010, 02:48 PM

Not the negotiation or signing away your life part. :p

white gecko
07-11-2010, 03:27 PM

Yeah it was. I`m eager to get all the swirls and holograms off real quick!

Actually the negociations went great and I got a steal of a deal! My credit union gave me a great rate and payment too!

zackslapshot20
07-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Glad somebody in California decided to buy an AMERICAN car!

Especially as independence day was last weekend. Great truck, you will love it. Have had the 1999 Sierra with 5.7 and 2004 Sierra with 5.3 and it is a great truck and will last a long long time!!

Your honda, hopefully it went to the junkyard where it belongs (you can hate all you want all you HONDA owners, but deep down your car is a P.O.S)

Sorry i get a little personal with this situation. If you live in America you should support America and America` G.D.P (Gross Domestic Product) As well as our economy. Not buy foreign cars and support the Chinese, Japanese and any other ones over there in Asia.

Good luck with your new truck it looks great!

white gecko
07-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Thank you, I`m really liking the truck, except the gas mileage lol.

Though I understand your feelings, my honda is not a P.O.S. In fact is has been the most reliable car I`ve ever owned. From 109,000 miles to today 198,000 miles, it hasn`t had one single problem. Nothing! With 42mpg and low insurance, and good resale value I cannot concur it was a POS. I`ll be giving it a quick detail and it will be up for sale soon.

zackslapshot20
07-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Thank you, I`m really liking the truck, except the gas mileage lol.

Though I understand your feelings, my honda is not a P.O.S. In fact is has been the most reliable car I`ve ever owned. From 109,000 miles to today 198,000 miles, it hasn`t had one single problem. Nothing! With 42mpg and low insurance, and good resale value I cannot concur it was a POS. I`ll be giving it a quick detail and it will be up for sale soon.

Thank you for understanding, many people do not! That could be true but my 1999 Chevy Silverado has 183214 on the clock and i have done regular maintenance since day one. Tires, Oil Changes, Brakes, 100,000 Maintenance Schedule, etc. Nothing major and i pay $54 a month for insurance. And it could run a little honda sedan over like it ate a sandwich ha ha! :drool:

Anyways, i dont like them so no offense to you. But im glad you switched over! You will have no regrets!

white gecko
07-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah I get it ;) I haven`t even had to do new brakes in 90k miles lol. But then again it weighs like 1/3rd what the truck does too. I believe in buying American whenever possible. I`ve still got my 98 Z28 with a 427 in it, and now I`ve got my truck too. :)

I just got myself a brand new Nikon D90 to replace my aging D40, and its a huge step up. I can`t wait to have a couple days off to detail the truck and get some sweet pics up!

WAS
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM

lol, very true, very true.

Thank you for understanding, many people do not!

+1, and I`m not even American. I fully agree with buying and supporting North American products. While I do like some of the European cars (Audis are quite nice), I`m very happy with the North American built vehicles that I own.

imported_RedlineIRL
07-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Nice truck, you will really enjoy it if you do any long distance traveling since they are really comfortable

bigltc
07-17-2010, 04:54 AM
Nice truck! I like the two tone paint!

04impala
07-17-2010, 08:05 PM
my uncle has a truck very similar to that. only differences are silver paint and a full cab. it is a BEAST

Labster
07-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Congrats! I`m actually moving in the opposite direction and looking to downgrade from my Wrangler 4 door so I can get better MPGs and a little more performance.

Showroom Shine
07-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Nice Truck! It will bring you business. Do you have any signage? That`s a rolling billboard!

shaziawajid
07-25-2010, 12:48 PM
the 1200watt is defiantly overkill, a 850watt corsair will be able to handle all that and probably even a 750watt corsair also