PDA

View Full Version : Adams and chemical guys professional wash sponge same?

armenakadino
07-10-2010, 06:48 PM
I was looking at chemical guys website and noticed there professional wash mitt the one that comes with the bucket looks exactly like Adams wash mitt and bucket. Are they the same as chemical guys is right by my house so it is much more convenient for me no shipping cost and I get it the same day. Also what do you guys think about that wash mitt

Setec Astronomy
07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Are you accusing Chemical Guys of relabeling Adam`s wash mitts and selling them as their own???

If you`d like some opinions on this it`s probably best to post some pics or links because those are two big websites and it`s tough to try and guess the products you are asking about.

Leadfootluke
07-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Are you accusing Chemical Guys of relabeling Adam`s wash mitts and selling them as their own???

If you`d like some opinions on this it`s probably best to post some pics or links because those are two big websites and it`s tough to try and guess the products you are asking about.

I think he is asking if they are the same, not accusing. Maybe Warner chem sells mitts as well? ;)

armenakadino
07-11-2010, 12:06 AM
no accusing just asking if there the same

heres adams wash mitt and bucket links

Adam`s Professional Wash Pad (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-83-adams-professional-wash-pad.aspx)

Adam`s Grit Guard Wash Bucket (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-382-adams-bucket-wgrit-guard-lid.aspx)

and this is chemical guys

Detailing Bucket Gifts (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Professional_Auto_Detailing_Bucket_With_Grit_Guard _p/acc_101.htm)

Auto Detailing Wool Car Wash Pad (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Detailing_Wool_Car_Wash_Pad_p/acc_110.htm)

muVanWilder
07-11-2010, 01:16 AM
I don`t have the Adams pad, but I recently bought the CG wash pad you are looking. I used it once for an ONR wash. It shedded like crazy, all over the car and in my bucket. Also, it doesn`t look the same as what they have in the picture. Mine was yellowish, and on their website looks more true white. Just looking at the video on Adams website showing him use that mit, I can tell you it just looks nicer than the CG one. I would definitely pay the extra few bucks and get the Adams. Just my 2 cents.

RustyBumper
07-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Maybe Warner chem sells mitts as well? ;)

I was just at the site and it`s down...or should I say hacked. Don`t know how long the site will be down for but I`m assuming it won`t be until Monday that this issue is addressed.

armenakadino
07-11-2010, 02:20 AM
I don`t have the Adams pad, but I recently bought the CG wash pad you are looking. I used it once for an ONR wash. It shedded like crazy, all over the car and in my bucket. Also, it doesn`t look the same as what they have in the picture. Mine was yellowish, and on their website looks more true white. Just looking at the video on Adams website showing him use that mit, I can tell you it just looks nicer than the CG one. I would definitely pay the extra few bucks and get the Adams. Just my 2 cents.

Ya Ill just order the adams one I was just hoping they were the same since I those pads are the only thing I need to order from adams and with shipping minimums being a burn

Bunky
07-11-2010, 06:00 AM
If do not like Adam`s one, you will likely get your money back faster. I have read mixed reviews on the mitts. Let us know how you like them.

Adam's Polishes
07-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Honestly I`m curious to hear your input - a few months back we changed our mits, a denser construction and slightly shorter fibers. Many customers complaints with our old ones was the tendency of the fibers to get knotted, gnarled up after about a dozen washes +/-. Didn`t really hurt the performance as much as I could tell, but it did make the mit want to hold onto larger particles and it was a bit of a PITA to get them out. I have absolutely no idea where CG sources their mits from, there are about 2 or 3 sources for similar style wash mits out there as far as I`m aware, we choose to go with the one we feel is the best out of the options. Look wise they`re all pretty similar, but the weight of the different wash pads and the density of the fibers is where the differences become obvious.