PDA

View Full Version : What have you guys used over SRP? Any examples and success stories?

ahheck01
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey guys, I`m looking for a few staples in my process, and Accumulator has given me some great advice. One of his recommendations was Polish > SRP > 845 as a typical go-to, given that SRP has some filling/concealing properties, and provides a good base for 845.

I haven`t seen this actually done in the Click and Brag, or in the main detailing forums, so I thought I`d reach out for examples, hopefully with pictures, of other people using this combination. If not 845 over SRP, what have you used, and how well has it worked for you?

Thanks guys!

-Evan

Accumulator
07-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Ahheck01- I`ve probably used 476S over SRP more than 845. Also Pinnacle Souveran (that`s been my fave on my Jag for ages), Meguiar`s #16, 3M Showcar Paste Wax (getting the idea? most any noncleaner-wax will work). The only sealant I`ve tried over it is FK1000P and that seemed to work fine.

ahheck01
07-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Certainly not discrediting Accumulator here, but does anyone have any additional input, or at least a photo of the finished result with suggestions?

steelwind101
07-11-2010, 06:27 AM
SRP is bright and reflective so you can end up with a bright wet finish by topping it with with something like Nattys Paste wax.

Meguiars 16 looks good over it and will really last a long time. Here are some overcast photos (Autumn, England!) from 2006. http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/79684-steelwind101-vs-06-jazz-srp-16-a.html Not all that great photos but you get the idea.

Personally i never found 845 IW to last very long SRP, it lasts longer on its own. EGP is a great topper of course.

Tony1
07-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Certainly not discrediting Accumulator here, but does anyone have any additional input, or at least a photo of the finished result with suggestions?

Yeah I have some input for you. How about stop asking for useless pics that you won`t be able to tell anything from in the first place. You honestly think you can determine if 845 looks good over SRP from a pic? If you do than you have a lot to learn.

Tony1
07-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for posting that pic. Everybody here can see exactly how 845 looks over SRP now. I mean it`s obvious exactly what you used :rolleyes:

gravytime
07-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Recently topped SRP with DWG (the old stuff) and then topped that with Cleakote`s Carnauba Moose and it looked beautiful.

Tony1
07-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Recently topped SRP with DWG (the old stuff) and then topped that with Cleakote`s Carnauba Moose and it looked beautiful.

Got any pics? Do you have any pics of it before you topped with Carnauba Moose so we can see the huge difference between un topped SRP with DWG compared to topped :bounce

Accumulator
07-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Anthony A- I pointed out the same general opinion regarding the value of pics (with regard to things like this) to Ahheck01. I suspect that he found the differences in how you and I expressed said opinion to be, uhm... notable.

SRP is bright and reflective so you can end up with a bright wet finish by topping it with with something like Nattys Paste wax..

And conversely, you can use something different and tone down that reflective look, giving it more depth and "jetting". That`s why I use the Souveran over it on the Jag, where "bright and reflective" is definitely *NOT* the look I want. I bet something like #26 would do the same thing in an even more pronounced way.

SilverJag
07-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I couldn`t agree more with Accumulator; I`ve used SRP many times with many combinations of products. If you find the look of SRP unpleasant, consider topping it with Souveran, 26, AGHD, etc, etc. to tone the look down.

Tony1
07-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I couldn`t agree more with Accumulator; I`ve used SRP many times with many combinations of products. If you find the look of SRP unpleasant, consider topping it with Souveran, 26, AGHD, etc, etc. to tone the look down.

Do you think that would show up in a pic? Could you post some so we can see?

ahheck01
07-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Do you think that would show up in a pic? Could you post some so we can see?

Wow, someone needs a hug.

I just hadn`t seen a lot of people using it, but it sounds like it`s pretty universally compatible with good results. To all who actually contributed, thank you! As for you, Anthony, take a pill, bud.

-Evan

Junebug
07-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Nobody said top it with AG HD? Really? Worked great for me on my black GTI.

mirrormirror
07-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Interesting and timely thread. I have previously used Klasse AIO topped with Collinite 915 several times with great results. However, in a different thread (where we were trying to help a newb get started), Accumulator indicated that he preferred SRP as his go to AIO, so I decided to try it last week on my son`s car. I found it has much better "cleaning" power than most other non-abrasive polishes or AIOs (including Klasse). So, then I thought: why not top it with BFWD (another of my favorites)? My immediate concern was if BFWD would bond properly with SRP, so I posted my question to another forum (which I shall not name here due to respect for this forum) that tends to specialize on BFWD, and was surprised to find out that this combo was used by some of the most experienced members. As long as you give SRP long enough cure time (I gave it 8 hours), BFWD will bond to it. Having used BFWD on several occasions now, I can attest that there is no compromise to the typical look and slickness that one gets from BFWD. Provided I get decent durability (to be determined), this will become my new favorite two step combo. Both products are super easy to work and produce great results.

my two cents.

Accumulator
07-14-2010, 11:36 AM
mirrormirror- Glad the SRP/BFWD combo worked out so well for you.

Interesting that you found the SRP`s cleaning to be better than KAIO, it went the other way for me....but I suppose it just depends on the circumstances :nixweiss