PDA

View Full Version : Zaino ZFX Question

2007TBSS
07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
If I were to do 2 coats of Z-5 and top it off with a coat of Z-2 in the same day, would I need to put any ZFX in the Z-2 or just the Z-5?:think:

DHCrocks
07-08-2010, 04:49 AM
If I were to do 2 coats of Z-5 and top it off with a coat of Z-2 in the same day, would I need to put any ZFX in the Z-2 or just the Z-5?:think:

put the ZFX in every coat the Z5 and Z2

Mindflux
07-08-2010, 08:12 AM
You are right, you don`t *have* to use ZFX on the Z-2 coat *UNLESS* you plan to do more than one coat of it THAT day. But I think Zaino recommends no more than 3 coats per day even with ZFX enabled Z5/Z2. You WILL have to wait up to 24 hours (suggested time) before applying any more coats, ZFX or not though.

2007TBSS
07-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I have a friend that has a bright red Honda, and I figured I would go ahead and throw 3 coats on it while I had it. I have heard awesome stuff about 2 layers Z-5 and a finish coat of Z-2 to seal the deal. So I will disperse Z-5 and mix the ZFX and apply 2 coats, but when I switch to the Z2, I wondered if I needed to give it a few drops of ZFX or not.

I know that if I am stacking layers on the same day, I have to use the ZFX, but I wondered if it was only for the coats to be covered with a subsequent coat or if ALL coats applied in the same day need to be ZFX enabled.

Mindflux
07-08-2010, 10:28 AM
ZFX just helps it cure quicker so you can layer multiple times in a day. The last coat of the day (or week, or whatever) doesn`t need ZFX because you`re done with it for the time being. I asked this very same question ages ago because it made no sense to me to have to mix up another small batch of ZFX enabled Z2 to do a final coat.