PDA

View Full Version : This ever happen to you with Chemical Guys Microfiber?

schiddy
07-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Ordered these yellow microfibers from Chemical guys and there are black stains. The dye from edges stained the towel when it was folded for shipping. I tried dawn and spray and wash to try and get it out but hasn`t worked. Has this happened to anyone before? Were you able to get it out?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/tsenfw/DSCF0317.jpg

I know it`s no big deal, it`ll be a stain and not affect performance, just urks me a little. Just that when I spend this much on towels I kinda expect them to be nice and blemish free.

DM101
07-07-2010, 11:34 AM
schiddy, has not happened to me but I can see where your coming from. Maybe give them a call.

schiddy
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I`m gonna shoot them an email and see what they say. It`s probably the distributor or manufacturers fault. Looks like they are prepacked in plastic folded like that.

schiddy
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Got a very fast reply which is nice. Don`t know exactly know what they mean in the reply though. They`re saying I can return it. That last sentence though, not sure if that means they`ll throw me some credit on my next order even if I keep the towels.

Emails:

Hi Sean,

The stain on the towels are from the dye from the black trim. The stain will not interefere with the usage of the towel. If you feel you can`t live with the stains, you could return the unused towels for credit back to your card or keep them and use them. On your next order just put a note on the comment screen about this issue and we`ll credit the ammount towards your order.

Thank you very much, we do appreciate your business.

:) Dee

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:00pm

To: sales@chemicalguys.com

Subject: Problem with my order

Hi,

I just received my order in the mail (order number 22757). I ordered

these microfibers:

CAR detailing Super Microfiber towel Silk Edges (http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MIC_507_03)

And unfortunately they way they were folded in the sealed plastic, the

seams left a black stain on both sides of the yellow towel (pic

attached). I tried washing spot with dawn, and also spray and wash

stain remover. Neither of these worked. Is all of your current

inventory of this particular model of microfiber like this? If I try to

return these to you, return shipping will cost over half of what the

towels cost anyways. Is there a way you can rectify this situation?

Thanks,

omitted for privacy

DM101
07-07-2010, 01:27 PM
call them and tell cg about this. They want to let you keep the towels AND give you replacements.....

schiddy
07-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Oh ok I reread it, makes more sense now. Glad chemical guys is willing to do that. I`m gonna keep them and make another order soon.

GatorJ
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
I tried dawn and spray and wash to try and get it out but hasn`t worked. Has this happened to anyone before? Were you able to get it out?

Why Dawn? It`s function in life is not to remove stains from fabric.

sulla
07-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Laundry detergents are possibly premixed with little bleach and softeners making dawn more microfiber friendly as it`s not going to have those two things

DM101
07-08-2010, 05:07 AM
It`s function is not to remove oil from birds at the gulf oil spill either.

Why Dawn? It`s function in life is not to remove stains from fabric.