PDA

View Full Version : UPP vs UPPS

joe.p
01-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I have 2 coats of UPP and will apply 1 more.Should i use the UPPS for the last coat or apply another coat of UPP.

How do you guys use the UPPS? as a maintenance/spritz or as a spray wax?
joe

budman3
01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
If you have time I would say regular UPP. I think I`ll be using UPPS after washes when I don`t have time to throw on another layer of UPP. I would just spray on a clean surface and remove with a MF for the UPPS.

joyriide1113
01-22-2006, 09:30 PM
UPPS is a spray wax that preceeds UPP as u know. although it states to be a long term product i have found that its durabilty does not touch upp. it did on the other hand last 2 months straight with washes every week. it was until its 9th week that i saw the beading was not longer tight as it was 7th week and i guess thats where i drew the line. maybe it would`ve given 12 weeks but the second i saw it diminishing i called it quits.

okay back to the subject.

upps would be great to extend the protection of upp. with upp u have to let it haze and sit for a bit and then buff... with upps u just wowo.

if u want max durabilty i say add the third coat of upp and just upps every month. no need to waste product every week.

hey. if u do it like that, u may only have to polish once a year!

joe.p
01-22-2006, 10:09 PM
i`ll do a 3rd coat of Upp then. I should have known better to apply the upp before the spray wax.I thought some of the DC members had been using the UPPS for a spray wax just as you would use the OCW. This is my 1st time with 4 star products. now with 3 coats and the spray once or twice a month i`ll have good coverage until spring or longer? Thanks budman & joyride..

joyriide1113
01-22-2006, 10:38 PM
well think about it. i wasnt neccesarily saying upps is bad. i simply said it wasnt up to par (durabilty wise) with UPP.

2 months with only 3 applications back to back is still good durabilty. especially considering the quick, easy, and instant satisfaction u get from a spray formula.

Jngrbrdman
01-23-2006, 12:05 AM
UPPS is not a QD and shouldn`t be used as one. It is no more a QD than NXT Spray Wax is. UPPS should be used in place of a sealant or wax. I wouldn`t use it as the only protection on the car, but in situations like I was in yesterday when I couldn`t apply another coat of anything, it was a great alternative to make my car look great and add the protection I need to survive this winter. There is more salt on the roads than there is in the lake I think... :lol:

Miami_Sunset
01-23-2006, 12:17 AM
what can i expect from UPP becasue i got 3 months with EX-P :detective & will OCW be a better choice than UPPS for a bi weekly maintenance. ?

Jngrbrdman
01-23-2006, 12:25 AM
3 months seems to be about par for most sealants. Give or take a couple weeks and just about everything falls in there except Klasse and Zaino. Those two still seem to be the front runners in the durability market. Hopefully with the popularity of synthetic products we will start seeing a 4 month par emerge for these products... It doesn`t matter to me anyway. I rarely go 3 months without cleaning the paint and starting over anyway.

joyriide1113
01-23-2006, 12:27 AM
u should be expecting 3-4 months from UPP and about 3 maybe 4 months with OCW.

but with something soo easy as OCW why would u wait 3 months until u use it again.

Miami_Sunset
01-23-2006, 01:22 AM
very true guys..one thing i have noticed is that even if i did get 6-9 months from a sealant i would need to polish anyway because inevitably scratches & swirls will return & i hate having a Shiny scratched surface. . :hang: Also as detailed as we are most of use do a full detail every 3-4 months anyway :whistling

joyriide1113
01-23-2006, 08:42 AM
if i could get away with only swirl removing once a year i would do it, but any trip to the shop ends up with hand print scratches evertwhere!

joe.p
01-23-2006, 08:56 AM
if i could get away with only swirl removing once a year i would do it, but any trip to the shop ends up with hand print scratches evertwhere!
I had my car in the shop the other day for a mechanical estimate. I had a little dust on the trunk , when i got it back their were scratchs all on the trunk where the mechanic used his hand to push down the trunk deck. I had just completed a full detail a few days before i took it in. Are we anal or are their some real morons all over the world, not just here in Illinois.

Miami_Sunset
01-23-2006, 09:19 AM
I had just completed a full detail a few days before i took it in. Are we anal or are their some real morons all over the world, not just here in Illinois.
:yes: here in Miami also my friend, I cant stand hair line scrtaches after a full detail days before. :eat:

groebuck
04-01-2006, 09:31 PM
OCW?? I am a lil out of practice..what`s dat?

budman3
04-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Optimum Car Wax. It`s a spray carnauba wax. Spray on and wipe off. Its a good product to freshen up whatever LSP is currently on a vehicle.