PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Trim Detailer G13415

imported_Ubryaj
07-05-2010, 10:29 AM
So I have two cans of this stuff left, I like to use it for wheel wells. It`s nice to have an aerosol can to spray rather than apply a dressing. Sadly, it looks like it`s discontinued and I can only find it at two online stores. Pep Boys used to carry it but they no longer stock it. :cry: Is there anywhere I can buy a case of this stuff? Is there any product that`s comparable (aerosol can, price wise) that works well for wheel wells?

Pats300zx
07-05-2010, 11:17 AM
I find that Stoners Trim Shine is comparable to Megs Trim Detailer. However, I think there are cheaper alternatives to wheel well dressing.

Lonnie
07-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Have you tried Fade-2-Black by Chemical Guys?

Instantly shines and protects vinyl, plastic, rubber, metal, glass, leather and many other materials. Sprayed surfaces are water, dirt, and stain resistant. (http://www.chemicalguys.com/INSTANT_SHINE_SPRAY_p/air_spray_3.htm)

imported_Ubryaj
07-05-2010, 07:56 PM
I`ll have to try Stoner`s, wish I could find it locally though, all I can find is the glass cleaner. I believe NAPA might carry it though? Fade-2-Black looks pretty good and decently priced, what`s your opinion on it? I prefer an aerosol can because it seems to spray into the wheel wells better and gets product to the hard to reach places. Adam`s Invisible Undercarriage Spray looks good too (not an aerosol), but it seems expensive for how much I will use it. Any other suggestions?

jb1
07-05-2010, 10:48 PM
When I use aerosol, I use Stoner`s Trim Shine as well. Sam`s (and maybe Wal Mart) sells a brand in a 3 pack but I can`t remember the name of it. I read about it on this forum but have not tried it. Maybe someone who remembers what it is will chime in. I remember seeing it and thinking it`s inexpensive/low cost alternative.

BigAl3
07-05-2010, 11:24 PM
there is the megs accent dressing in the detailer line that is a aerosol, and it`s virtually the same thing as the megs exterior trim coating but slightly smaller in size. i would buy a dilutable water dressing (for the wheel wells) as it`s more cost effective and will give you more bang for the buck in the long run...

akimel
07-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I`ll have to try Stoner`s, wish I could find it locally though, all I can find is the glass cleaner. I believe NAPA might carry it though? Fade-2-Black looks pretty good and decently priced, what`s your opinion on it? I prefer an aerosol can because it seems to spray into the wheel wells better and gets product to the hard to reach places. Adam`s Invisible Undercarriage Spray looks good too (not an aerosol), but it seems expensive for how much I will use it. Any other suggestions?

I called the local NAPA store and they were willing to order a few cans of both Stoner Trim Shine and All Shine. I find that Trim Shine works great for the wheel wells. I have also used it to "restore" some pretty nasty trim on my old Honda, and it did a pretty passable job. I wasn`t expecting any miracles, but at least it looked better.

BigAl3
07-05-2010, 11:35 PM
When I use aerosol, I use Stoner`s Trim Shine as well. Sam`s (and maybe Wal Mart) sells a brand in a 3 pack but I can`t remember the name of it. I read about it on this forum but have not tried it. Maybe someone who remembers what it is will chime in. I remember seeing it and thinking it`s inexpensive/low cost alternative.

sams use to carry the 4pk of the no touch tire shine for around $10, and now costco has it but one of the cans is a wheel cleaner. if memory serves, it`s the can below that they have...

http://www.permatex.com/images/DisplayImage.asp?210|/images/ProductPhotos/36051copy.jpg

schiddy
07-06-2010, 12:20 AM
I find that Stoners Trim Shine is comparable to Megs Trim Detailer. However, I think there are cheaper alternatives to wheel well dressing.

There are a lot of replies like this on this forum I noticed. If you went through the trouble of saying there are cheaper alternatives, why didn`t you mention any of them? LMAO

jb1
07-06-2010, 06:39 AM
sams use to carry the 4pk of the no touch tire shine for around $10, and now costco has it but one of the cans is a wheel cleaner. if memory serves, it`s the can below that they have...

http://www.permatex.com/images/DisplayImage.asp?210|/images/ProductPhotos/36051copy.jpg

BigAl3,

That`s it. The cans I`ve seen are white IIRC.