PDA

View Full Version : firework hit my car, how can I fix it now?

Pages : [1] 2

cub4bearindiana
07-05-2010, 01:05 AM
My car paint was damage by firework. Called cops to fill report (people from next house did it). Anyhow, now I have this kinda big black stain on my hood.. Not sure if there is anyway to remove it or should it be painted?

Please let me know. THank You.

BluBrett
07-05-2010, 03:03 AM
I say repaint, BUT we need pictures!!!

riverbait
07-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Have you tried to wash it off? There should be plenty of cleaners (for cars) that will remove it.

wascallyrabbit
07-05-2010, 08:45 AM
did you see it hit your car? what was it bottle rocket, sparkler, etc...? pics would help. wash the hood first then try compound/polishing, if the results are not satisfactory then repaint.

cub4bearindiana
07-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone.. Well it happened last night. Me and my buddy decided take his car and make trip to chicago. I left my car in front of his house. We got home when it was dark and when he was backing up to my car, thats when I saw it. It was his neighbor who had a pile of used fireworks. I did call cops to make report of that and the cop was very helpful. I did not try do anything with it, cause I am not sure if I should leave it for insurance just in case???? Havent call them yet. I THINK (!!!),m I could try wash it off.. but then again, what if it wont come off.. ? I might just call insurance first and ask them what are the procedures..

Here are some pics:

http://bqwert.smugmug.com/photos/923716872_9a2s7-XL.jpg

http://bqwert.smugmug.com/photos/923717355_Y2Zsg-XL.jpg

http://bqwert.smugmug.com/photos/923716481_dVP5n-XL.jpg

http://bqwert.smugmug.com/photos/923719059_pGr9n-XL.jpg

http://bqwert.smugmug.com/photos/923720663_HU9UW-XL.jpg

Dubbin1
07-05-2010, 10:53 AM
That should wash right off, if not a little polish will do the trick.

Tony1
07-05-2010, 11:01 AM
That should wash right off, if not a little polish will do the trick.

IF he`s lucky and it`s all surface contamination. If it`s etched the paint it`s a different story.

After you clean up the paint shove a few of those fireworks up your friend`s neighbor`s *** and set them off.

AeroCleanse
07-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I would call your insurance company just to be safe. Then you can ask them if you should try and wash it off / correct it yourself or not.

cub4bearindiana
07-05-2010, 11:46 AM
So I called them and will have meeting with auto damage adjuster to estimate the amount of accident-related damage to my vehicle (thursday). I guess I will hold of with trying to wash it.. She said I can wash it off but I was not sure if she was 100% sure about it :)

Most likely it would go out of my comprehensive insurance since there is no prove that this neighbor did it. I have bunch of pics, but the cops never talked to him and also most likely it was just an accident and nothing done on purpose like vandalism, criminal things... :( and it was 4th July.. All the cop done .. was taking my information and thats it.

Tony1
07-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Most likely it would go out of my comprehensive insurance since there is no prove that this neighbor did it. I have bunch of pics, but the cops never talked to him and also most likely it was just an accident and nothing done on purpose like vandalism, criminal things... :( and it was 4th July.. All the cop done .. was taking my information and thats it.

Might not have been done purposely but the guy probably just said screw it when it was happening. Wasn`t his car so not his problem. Just as bad as doing it purposely. Giving them a taste of their own medicine usually works in my experience.

XL Advantage
07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Looks like it will wash off. Then hit it with your favorite wax. I don`t see any dents. That`s a good thing.

cub4bearindiana
07-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Might not have been done purposely but the guy probably just said screw it when it was happening. Wasn`t his car so not his problem. Just as a bad as doing it purposely. Giving them a taste of their own medicine usually works in my experience.

You are right.. well, I will see what I hear on thursday. My deductible is $500 so not to happy with that.. also will have to find some paint body shop if I decide to go that route.. Overall it sucks! I do take care about my car and hate when some people just dont give a s**** about others.

Bigpoppa3346
07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I`m gonna try not to sound like a d!ck about this, but...

You went through the hassle of calling the police, contacting your insurance company, and making a thread on this forum, but haven`t even tried washing it yet...? Here you are, talking about deductibles and repaints, but you haven`t even attempted to do anything yourself to fix it? That seriously looks like something that 10 minutes with some ONR and a bit of paint cleaner could clean up 100%.

cub4bearindiana
07-05-2010, 01:38 PM
no no.. I did everything I could to save my *** for later if things DO NOT WASH OFF that easly !!!! Trust me, I will try wash it.. but if that doesnt help, I do not want get screwed later.

Bigpoppa3346
07-05-2010, 01:42 PM
How will you get screwed later if you try to remove it yourself? The damage adjuster told you that you would be fine to wash it, so why not? The worst thing that could happen is that you won`t be able to fix it yourself.