PDA

View Full Version : Clean paint before applying Wax again

PointyStick
07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Fully detailed my car about a month ago (clay, polish, sealant and wax) and now I want to just reapply the wax (P21S 100% Carnauba Wax).

After washing and drying should I further clean the paint (like a 1:1 IPA/Water mix wipe down) prior to re-waxing?

Leadfootluke
07-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Fully detailed my car about a month ago (clay, polish, sealant and wax) and now I want to just reapply the wax (P21S 100% Carnauba Wax).

After washing and drying should I further clean the paint (like a 1:1 IPA/Water mix wipe down) prior to re-waxing?

I am kinda interested as well. However, I would like to add another layer of protection over #915, but would like to avoid wax-holograms or hazing due to layering issues. I would like to avoid stripping the wax first.

mirrormirror
07-05-2010, 02:15 AM
As long as its freshly washed and dried, and no correction is required, I just toss on another layer. Once the previous layer has already cured, and has gone through a wash or two, I never have issues with layering (with 915 or anything else for that matter). IPA or other cleaners will strip the wax.

Accumulator
07-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I too will sometimes just throw on another coat. I often do a *VERY* gentle claying with Sonus green, but I`ll admit I don`t always bother.

BTW, my current solution to Collinite pastewax pseudo-holograms is to top with 845.

Leadfootluke
07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
I too will sometimes just throw on another coat. I often do a *VERY* gentle claying with Sonus green, but I`ll admit I don`t always bother.

BTW, my current solution to Collinite pastewax pseudo-holograms is to top with 845.

How long do you let 845 sit before buffing it off? I have honestly tried many combinations, but would like to know what you think.

Accumulator
07-05-2010, 01:41 PM
How long do you let 845 sit before buffing it off?

Until it passes the finger-swipe test (or longer if something distracts me) except when using it on textured black trim (whereupon I use more of a W-O-W-O approach, at least if it`s *heavily* textured).

Street5927
07-05-2010, 07:37 PM
As said before, I too just apply another coat provided that there is no correction needed.