PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Detailing Business, here are my supplies

Joey1558
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone, I have been watching this site for around 3 years now and I really enjoy detailing. I am about to start my own side job business and am finishing my business cards and website :)...I also am about to place an order from autogeek and heres what I am going to have to use for detailing, tell me watcha think! thanks

Dawn (for washing/stripping paint)

Meg`s Gold Class (for washing)

Griot`s Garage Paint Cleaning Clay (I heard this was a very good clay, got 2 cans)

Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine 128 oz. ( heard this was a great QD)

Polishes:

Megs 105

My personal smaller bottle of Menzerna SIP

Menzerna 106FA (I currently use Menz SIP and Power finish for a personal use but, I THINK the 105 and 106fa combo should be good RIGHHHT?)

Menzerna 85U (smaller bottle to sometimes use on really nice black cars)

Sealant/wax:

Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish (as a sealant/pre wax)

then S100 Carnauba Paste Wax (heard it was the same as P21 but its cheaper)

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 (to put on trim maybe, or just to have if I want to use instead of KAIO

Wheel Dressing:

Meguiars Hyper Dressing

Cleaners:

303 Aerospace Protectant

Folex (for carpet cleaning)

Megs APC +

Leather Master

Stoners Glass cleaner/sprayaway or somethin else...dont really care too much right now

Griot`s Garage Carpet Cleaner (Is this good????)

Going to get many types of brushes

Got a 12 pack of MF towels

Can a tornado Gun replace a Water extractor???

I have a Porter Cable DA Orbital, Wet/Dry Vac, sheepskin wash mitt, 5 gallon buckets, and various polishing/application pads

I need:

Air compressor

and Hot Water Extractor (but can`t afford right now)

imported_NHBFAN
07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
If you plan to be a Mobile detailer you might want to look into a rinseless wash product, e.g. ONR

someidiot
07-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I don`t mean to be a jerk, but if you have so much inexperience with these products, are you sure you`re ready to start a business using those products?

imported_hockeyplaya13
07-04-2010, 08:37 PM
As for m105 and 106fa, that`s my usual go-to route for a two step. Works great. Only thing is 106fa takes awhile to break down, which is why I think many people switched to m205. Shorter work time and still finishes pretty well.

aRYip
07-04-2010, 09:24 PM
You might also want to change your interior cleaner 303 Aerospace Protectant to something like 1Z as 303 is mainly protect, not cleaning.......

Joey1558
07-04-2010, 11:41 PM
hey everyone! thanks for the input, sorry i didnt really clarify much, but ya I was not planning on using the 303 as a cleaner :\...and I have had a few years of experience with about 80% of these products...mainly havent used the Megs 105, what I meant by about to purchase most of these was, in large quantities for commercial use

Chris-
07-05-2010, 12:25 AM
My local auto zone has megs gold class on sale for $4 this week.

$0.02

Joey1558
07-05-2010, 06:18 PM
thank you!!!