PDA

View Full Version : Some before and afters of a mat - Need advice

Chris-
07-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Alright, heres what i have done so far:

1)Spray N Wash the whole mat and scrubbed with a stiff carpet brush.

2)Sprayed the mat off

3)Spray folex on the two larger stains you can see in the pics above.

4) Sprayed all of it off, then vac`d it dry

Here are the before & afters.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/jgs240/DSCN1728.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/jgs240/DSCN1729.jpg

Im trying to get these back to new condition. As far as i know, this only a dirt stain & not from oils/foods.

Any tips would be great!

g35_coupe
07-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I have the same problem on my mats. I`m going to try Spot Shot in the blue/orange can (Walmart or Target) since it make most stains around my house vanish on contact or with little scrubbing. I`ve thrown my mats in the washer, scrubbed them with laundry detergent/stain remover in my tub, hosed them off in the driveway and nothing has gotten rid of that last stubborn stain. I`m just waiting for my next interior cleaning to give it a shot.

GatorJ
07-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Heel stains on floor mats are generally not removable.

vaboom123
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
You might end up having to dye the mats. When I worked in a high volume place we would use a carpet paint when the mats wouldn`t recover from a bad stain.

JohnnyBoo
07-02-2010, 10:30 PM
I think those mats are stained for good. If you want them new again fabric paint is always an option, but does not last forever.

XL Advantage
07-03-2010, 12:52 AM
You could try Bridgepoints protein spotter and solvent spotter to break down whatever is crushed in it. I would also try an encapsulation carpet cleaner like Foam Dry 2x from Scotlab. That`s awesome stuff and I`ve had great results on matting, home and office carpeting. Whatever you do, use a stiffer brush to agitate the fibers.

Accumulator
07-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I have stains like that on the MPV`s mats (and the deadpedal area of the carpet too :o ) and they simply won`t come out no matter what I do. And I`ve spent many hours trying with pro carpet-cleaning products. Some stains are forever.

Flormats are cheap enough...if it bothers you that much just buy new ones.

salty
07-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Easy way to see if it is a Tannin stain is 1/3 cup vinegar to 2/3 water. Let soak for a few minutes and rinse.

Chris-
07-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone, should have guessed that would be the problem. 100K miles and no cleaning....