PDA

View Full Version : Can`t access "New Posts"

Pages : [1] 2

Tony1
07-02-2010, 12:09 PM
I would have posted this in the feedback forum but twice I tried and the thread did not show up.

Any ways my problem is when I select "New Posts" I get the first page of new posts but there are no numbered links at the bottom of the page to get the rest of the pages of new posts. Anybody else have this problem?

Mindflux
07-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I would have posted this in the feedback forum but twice I tried and the thread did not show up.

Any ways my problem is when I select "New Posts" I get the first page of new posts but there are no numbered links at the bottom of the page to get the rest of the pages of new posts. Anybody else have this problem?

Yes, but I think it`s due to inactivity on the forums. Lack of posts makes "new posts" a simple 1 page list.

Accumulator
07-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I`m gettting weird results from the "New Posts" search too :think:

I`m not getting as many results as I should; when I check out the individual forums I find additional new posts that weren`t pulled up by the search.

AZN_C300
07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Sometimes I check new posts and it`ll say there were 27 results, but showing 1-20 on page one. No option to go to page 2 for the remaining 7 threads.

Tony1
07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes, but I think it`s due to inactivity on the forums. Lack of posts makes "new posts" a simple 1 page list.

Not for me. At the bottom of the page it will say something like 1 to 20 of 50 new posts so there is clearly more new posts but no numbered links to get to the other pages. If there were no more pages it would say 1 to 20 of 20. This is happening on 6 different browsers I use and on 5 different machines and on Mac, Windows 7, and Windows XP so I`m pretty sure it`s a problem with the forum and not my systems.

I also can`t post anything in the feed back forum. I tried to start this thread twice in there and it would not show up.

Tony1
07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Sometimes I check new posts and it`ll say there were 27 results, but showing 1-20 on page one. No option to go to page 2 for the remaining 7 threads.

Same here so there is a problem there.

Tony1
07-03-2010, 03:41 PM
This problem is getting to be very annoying. Is any one in admin even acknowledging that the problem exists?

imported_RedlineIRL
07-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I am not liking this new forum layout at all. The only way I can even access any threads to any of the forums is to go to the new posts link, and then go to the designated forum sections. I can`t access anything from just clicking the forums link. The previous site layout was much better and easier to access

Mindflux
07-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I am not liking this new forum layout at all. The only way I can even access any threads to any of the forums is to go to the new posts link, and then go to the designated forum sections. I can`t access anything from just clicking the forums link. The previous site layout was much better and easier to access

Clicking forum doesn`t take you to the forum index? Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies?

http://www.autopia.org/forum/forum.php

Tuck91
07-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Whn you go to a members profile, and select all the threads started by the member, you only get one page. Same with their posts, only one page comes up.

Admin, you have done a terrible job so far, say goodbye to what was the #1 Detailing forum.

imported_RedlineIRL
07-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I can get to the forum index, but when I click on the links within it THE CLUB HOUSE, PROFESSIONAL AUTO DETAILING, etc. the page still stays on the index and doesn`t go to that forum section. I`m using IE7 and Vista, so surely it is compatible with the site

Mindflux
07-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I can get to the forum index, but when I click on the links within it THE CLUB HOUSE, PROFESSIONAL AUTO DETAILING, etc. the page still stays on the index and doesn`t go to that forum section. I`m using IE7 and Vista, so surely it is compatible with the site

I`d try something else like Firefox. IE has it`s own set of quirks and I`ve seen other users complain about the new autopia being `weird` with IE.

Setec Astronomy
07-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Clicking forum doesn`t take you to the forum index? Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies?

http://www.autopia.org/forum/forum.php

Fluxy, that is just weirdness. If I click on your link to go to the forum page, I can see all the forums. But if I click on the link at the top of this page, all I get is the headings ("The Club House", etc.) but no forums, just blank screen.

Bunky
07-03-2010, 06:31 PM
There appear to be some issues that need some attention (came up in last few days) but I thought the web support people are working this weekend.

imported_Larry A
07-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Im having the exact same problem.