PDA

View Full Version : Can I clay my car and not follow it up with wax?

ivorm
06-27-2010, 01:13 PM
So I just thoroughly washed and clayed my car today and was just starting to polish it when my backing plate for my PC broke. Now I`m stuck, obviously I can`t polish the car but should I still move on to my klasse AIO and SG by hand? I don`t imagine I`ll be able to get a new pad until next week and I will need to drive my car this week for a couple trips for work ( a few hundred miles each) and the car will be getting dirty again.

So my question is should I go ahead with the klasse twins or do I wait and do the full meal deal next week when I get a new plate (I can`t get the backing plates locally)? Is it a bad idea to leave the car just clayed? I really don`t want to have to clay it again next week.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Accumulator
06-27-2010, 01:28 PM
ivorm- Welcome to Autopia!

Tough break about the backing plate..I`d just throw a quick application of KAIO on there and then redo it when you get the new plate. Shouldn`t take long at all and at least you`ll have *something* on the (now-bare) paint. I sure wouldn`t bother with the KSG though.

ivorm
06-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reply Accumulator!

That`s what I thought, it should get me through the week. Yeah I bought the klasse twins before I did any real research, I figure I`ll give it a try with the WOWO technique hopefully it won`t be too much work. I`ll probably get something else eventually.

Legacy
06-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Unless you used something like Dawn to strip your old wax...claying and leaving the paint alone for a week will not damage the paint. If it makes you feel better just put on a glaze or a quick wipe of Optimum Car Wax (10 min.)

(901)
06-27-2010, 04:09 PM
ivorm- Welcome to Autopia!

Tough break about the backing plate..I`d just throw a quick application of KAIO on there and then redo it when you get the new plate. Shouldn`t take long at all and at least you`ll have *something* on the (now-bare) paint. I sure wouldn`t bother with the KSG though.

+2 on just finishing it off with a hand job :usa

How did your BP break? Got a Pic?

Oh, and welcome to the site. I`m newb here also. We can grow up together :nervous:

454Casull
06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I clayed a waxed panel earlier today and it still beaded up pretty well afterward. YMMV.