PDA

View Full Version : clay + IPA or just clay

Noek
06-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Well, my car is not a DD and stays in a garage. I did a full correction about 6 months ago and after checking it with a fenix, decided against correction again as there are very few noticeable swirls. Instead, I am opting on just a strip and re wax (mainly to try out a new wax, I love trying out new products).

My question is, after my wash and clay, is it even necessary to IPA? I generally use gloss-it detail spray while claying and it doesn`t seem to leave residue behind unless I miss a spot with the towel, but I usually take the vehicle out in the sun to check it before LSP. Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

AeroCleanse
06-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I save the IPA for post compound / polishing before a pre wax cleaner. Its so cheap that if you want to you can use it after you clay, it won`t hurt anything.

Noek
06-26-2010, 09:48 PM
thank you, sir

I guess (for the sake of not being redundant) I will examine my car after the clay and see if it is ripe for waxing :)

AeroCleanse
06-26-2010, 11:11 PM
thank you, sir

I guess (for the sake of not being redundant) I will examine my car after the clay and see if it is ripe for waxing :)

If you clay, you will no doubt need to re-wax. Unless I just wash a car, I always re-apply wax, esp if its my car!