PDA

View Full Version : wiping off lube?

Pages : [1] 2 3

p_dubs
01-20-2006, 01:21 AM
I was just on the Adams polish website. It instructed to clay the car and do not wipe off the lubricant, and just apply the polish directly the surface afterwards. How do you guys usually do it?

Brenton
01-20-2006, 06:14 AM
The Lube drips, and for some reason on colours like red or black, the lubricant will leave streaks, bad streaks that are tough to remove unless polishing. I`ve seen them show up through wax before.

Now I`m just a guy, and they are a big company of professionals, but I think it is bad advice. I must be missing something.

Bob
01-20-2006, 08:28 AM
What?!?! They say to clay and go right to polish? In my opinion...NEVER. I clay and then at least go over the car again with a quick detailer and then I go to polish.

Beemerboy
01-20-2006, 10:59 AM
I clay with the lube then wipe off until dry and go straight to polish or SWR

budman3
01-20-2006, 03:26 PM

Agreed.

If you go right to polishing then you run the risk of having the contaniments on the paint being rubbed into it causing more swirls and more headaches.

GregCavi
01-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I agree with others that I clay, then wipe off the residue, adding qd while I wipe with a waffle weave towel.

Greg

joe.p
01-20-2006, 04:47 PM
So beemer is are tecnique off a bit.in my situation i go right to SSRs.

Brenton
01-20-2006, 05:06 PM
I don`t understand. Aren`t we all saying the same thing (contra the directions): clay & lube, wipe dry, then polish/LSP?

joe.p
01-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Clay Magic The Perfect Finish..

Directions for the Perfect Finish..

1)Wash your vehicle thoroughly with a quality car wash.
2)Spray Clay Lube onto a 3`x3` section,to be clayed.
3)Rub the Clay Magic bar back and fourth over the lubricated surface
4)Remove excess Clay Lube using a clean,soft terry towel.
Note..To maintain that Perfect Finish,follow with a quality wax.

Leyland
01-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Cutting corners is NOT detailing. I have seen streaks in paint where clay lubricant was allowed to dry and the clear had to be machine polished to remove the streaks.

I don`t understand why someone would make "how to" videos and then show people how to cut corners. Some of those things I just saw are very questionable. Wash microfiber towels with bleach?

And what`s with the Simple Green? I thought a few of those videos were infomercials for Simple Green! LOL

Oh boy...

Beemerboy
01-20-2006, 05:52 PM
So beemer is are tecnique off a bit.in my situation i go right to SSRs.

Joe

I should have said I go to the cutting stage SSR, polish, compound, etc

joe.p
01-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Joe

I should have said I go to the cutting stage SSR, polish, compound, etc
Beemer,
i got you buddy..

Brenton
01-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Cutting corners is NOT detailing. I have seen streaks in paint where clay lubricant was allowed to dry and the clear had to be machine polished to remove the streaks.

I don`t understand why someone would make "how to" videos and then show people how to cut corners. Some of those things I just saw are very questionable. Wash microfiber towels with bleach?

And what`s with the Simple Green? I thought a few of those videos were infomercials for Simple Green! LOL

Oh boy...

What are you talking about? What video?

Beemerboy
01-20-2006, 06:07 PM
What are you talking about? What video?

PEI

I agree where did that come from?

Leyland
01-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Oh I`m just talking about the instructional videos on the Adam`s Polishes website. Isn`t that what the thread starter was talking about or are you guys just not paying attention?