PDA

View Full Version : ok this is really weird

sockster
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
so my car collected some dust from sitting for 24hrs letting the last layer cure

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/131018-no-lsp-yet.html

when i qd-ed the paint to remove the dust, the ultima detail spray was streaking itself like mad. at first i tot it was the towel(some DI microfiber), so i pulled my new cobra orange microfiber. same thing- streaked like MAD no matter how i buffed it. buffing tens times the towel just didnt want to absorb it really weird. this thing never happened before i always qd before adding another layer. i still did the whole car though in prep for another layer of upgp

then the upgp did the same thing. half a spritz per panel super sparingly i did the whole car but the product simply refuses to flash of even after 10 mins. its like the whole car is streak city:think::think:

Street5927
06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
To get rid of the streaks, put some ice cold water in a spray bottle, spray on and then wipe off with a clean MF towel. That should eliminate the streaks. I usually keep a gallon of spring water in the fridge for moments of...in your words "wierd streaking". Anyway, I have found that super cold water removes streaking very well. I just put the cold water into a spray bottle, spray on, wipe off and the excess goes back into the gallon jug and back into the fridge to keep it cold.