PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on at Car Shows this year.

wvmystichrome
06-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Some people and I were talking last weekend about this. Every show I have gone to over the last 5 years I always do very well. Well this year I have been skunked with not one award or trophy. But I am not the only one that sees this. My car is detailed to the hilt and VERY CLEAN inside and out. Underneath the hood, fenderwells and back end. Yet the judges have been walking past and giving awards to cars that look like they were just drug in from a junk yard. I mean no detailing. No open hoods. Filthy interiors. You name it. Its just not me winning its quite a few others. Just wondering if it is in the water this year because I have travelled to a few different venues with the exact same result. One group told me that I was definitely getting an award but yet received nothing. Just wanted to rant and see what your opinions were.

WAS
06-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Eh, it happens. Awards are more a popularity contest than anything else, so don`t feel too bad about it or get too irritated with it.

6SuperSport7
06-24-2010, 10:33 PM
It`s sad but usually it is a popularity contest like above stated. Last show I went to gave the best restored award to a 70 gto that had a full custom interior paint job and crate engine, nothing original about it. I stopped trophy hunting years ago and learned just to enjoy the shows. I will say that this year I have gotten some kind of award at almost every show I have been to though.