PDA

View Full Version : My favorite products to clean the cars

jeffreemiller
06-21-2010, 05:53 PM
The way that I have found works the best for me when I wash my cars is using microfiber cloths and towels. The microfiber is able to trap dirt into its tiny fibers, leaving my vehicles (also works on my motorcycles and RV) spotless. The company that I trust most to provide me with high quality towels is Microfiberhome.

I start off by cleaning the cars with water and the 16x16 inch towels. These towels can be found here Amazon.com: Eurow Microfiber Premium 16 x 16 in. 350 GSM Cleaning Towels 36-Pack: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031B4YU2)

When the cars are nice and clean, I`ll dry them with the double density, ultra absorbent towels found here Amazon.com: EUROW MICROFIBER DOUBLE DENSITY TOWELS 12 X 16 In 660 GSM EUROW SHAG - 10 PACK: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029T0S70)

Last week, when I didn`t have time to wash the cars myself before going to the airport, I went to the car wash only to see that they use these same towels!

Setec Astronomy
06-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Last week, when I didn`t have time to wash the cars myself before going to the airport, I went to the car wash only to see that they use these same towels!

Ah, Jeffree, hard to believe you`re not a spammer...telling us that a car wash uses a certain towel is the kiss of death for that product here. Maybe you can tell us some more about the water/MF wash regimen you use?

jeffreemiller
06-21-2010, 06:38 PM
So sorry - definitely not trying to spam!

First, I`ll pour some water and Optimum Car Wash soap into a big bucket or tub. Then i`ll hose down the car that I`m washing. Then I`ll put a 16x16 inch towel into the tub or bucket and get the soap on it. Then i`ll wash the car. These towels work really well for getting the tough stains off of my cars. Once I`ve done this on the entire car, I`ll hose it down a second time. Then come the double density towels. They`re so absorbent that just one of these towels will dry the entire car. once the car is dry... voila! a job well done!

Hope this helps!

ja10
06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I used similar towels (30 something towels for 20 something dollars), and they left fine swirls in my paint. I have had MUCH better luck with actual premium towels.

The good news is that I now have a lifetime supply of dipstick wipes.

Dubbin1
06-22-2010, 10:43 AM
I have some of those and I`ll only use them on door jams and wheels, those crappy things will never touch my paint.

Jeff if you want some good towels then check these out Cobra Deluxe Jr. 600 Microfiber Towel, 16 x 16 inches (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-deluxe-jr--microfiber-towel.html)

jeffreemiller
06-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks Dwayne, but I`m already all stocked up :)

craigdt
06-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Yes thank you for the tips.

Now I know how to clean my car!

Dubbin1
06-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks Dwayne, but I`m already all stocked up :)

Stocked up with good towels or the crappy towels you posted? :nana:

You really need to pick up some better towels if you care at all about your paint ;)

GatorJ
06-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Yes thank you for the tips.

Now I know how to clean my car!

Subscribed!

Tuck91
06-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow. I feel bad for your paint.

mikeg6045
06-26-2010, 09:50 AM
The way that I have found works the best for me when I wash my cars is using microfiber cloths and towels. The microfiber is able to trap dirt into its tiny fibers, leaving my vehicles (also works on my motorcycles and RV) spotless. The company that I trust most to provide me with high quality towels is Microfiberhome.

I start off by cleaning the cars with water and the 16x16 inch towels. These towels can be found here Amazon.com: Eurow Microfiber Premium 16 x 16 in. 350 GSM Cleaning Towels 36-Pack: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031B4YU2)

When the cars are nice and clean, I`ll dry them with the double density, ultra absorbent towels found here Amazon.com: EUROW MICROFIBER DOUBLE DENSITY TOWELS 12 X 16 In 660 GSM EUROW SHAG - 10 PACK: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029T0S70)

You have got to be kidding me...??

I`m one of the newest members to this site, and you couldnt even fool me with this post.

The members on this site are seasoned veterans. And even if your not spamming a product that you have a relationship selling, your still wasting your time telling us to massage our cars with unknown quality/sold-in-bulk towels. Who wash`s there cars with towels still ? This is something that my father did in the early 80`s.

While its nice that your sharing your opinion on your carwashing technique and suggested products, you would probably be better off reading the majority of the topics on the site before sharing. The method you are posting can cause more harm to your paint than good. There are easier ways to washing your car today, rather than using drying/buffing towels as a sponge.