PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning foam pads, a scientific study. Maybe.

454Casull
06-20-2010, 05:47 PM
I am pleased to announce that two of Zep`s products (Commercial line), the Heavy-Duty Citrus Degreaser and the All-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser did a good job removing mild residue from my foam pads (residue from DG 105 and 601, to be precise). I am sure that they would do an even better job if the pads were cleaned while the product was still liquid or partially liquid.

However, I have in mind a comprehensive study. What I would like to do is to take two each of a variety of pads and apply x grams of product followed by thoroughly rubbing it in on one side. Then, after 15 minutes, one set of pads would be washed, and the other set of pads would be washed after the product had fully dried. This would be done for each cleaner.

Would this be useful, and if so, which products should be tested? Keep in mind that I do not have access to Power Dissolver.

DM101
06-21-2010, 05:11 AM
tide , dawn diswashing, meg apc+, and a combo of these products

Type[R]+
07-18-2010, 07:03 PM
simple green works great for me!

BigAl3
07-18-2010, 07:21 PM
if apc/apc+ or dishwashing soap doesn`t work for me, i resort to dawn power dissolver which works great IME...

3browns
07-18-2010, 11:10 PM
+1 for Zep Heavy Duty Citrus Degreaser. :2thumbs:

I spray my pads as soon as I take them off and then when I am finished with my detailing session I toss the pads in a few inches of warm water with some cheap O`Reillys or Blue Coral car wash. I buy the cheap stuff for washing wheels, wheel wells, and soaking pads and really nasty microfibers. I let the pads soak in the warm water for about a half hour and then work the soapy water through and rinse thoroughly. This works fine for me, but I dont let pads get dry before I go through this process.

Chilly