PDA

View Full Version : white carpets?

tssdetailing
06-17-2010, 08:38 PM
I was talking with a Jaguar owner today who has white interior. It`s very dingey except under the floormats where it`s all bright white. So i`m curiuos if it`s safe to add bleach to my shampoo to help restore the brilliance?

Lonnie
06-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Unless you`ve got a good carpet extractor, I wouldn`t use it. The smell will linger too long. I would guess a Woolite and Oxi-Clean mixture would be better suited (and much safer) approach to this problem if you are doing this by hand with a brush, microfiber/cotton towel absorber, and shop-vac appoach.

tssdetailing
06-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I have a myte lite II. I`ve never used woolite/oxi clean on a car before-might be worth a shot.

GatorJ
06-21-2010, 01:48 PM
If you introduce chlorine bleach onto something where you can not either remove or neutralize 100% of it, you are asking for problems. Oxygenated bleaches such as OxiClean work well, but they need time to be effective...up to several hours. OxiClean actually has a higher amount of fillers and a lower concentration of actual oxygen bleach than some other products.

This is what I use:

Oxygen Bleach / Deck - Siding - Multi-Purpose Cleaner (http://www.askthebuilder.com/B378_Oxygen_Bleach_Deck_-_Wood_Siding_-_Multi_-Purpose_Cleaner.shtml)

More oxygen bleach and less fillers. It does cost more, but you use less. If you sign up for their mailing list you get coupons and sale notifications.