PDA

View Full Version : Help with headlight restore

BigRedDad
06-17-2010, 11:54 AM
First, I am still new here. I purchased my detailing supplies and was ready to get started. Then, life got in the way. Now, I am back with a brand new car and getting ready to detail it. I had it tinted by a "reputable" place that was highly recommended. Well, it went to heck off the get go. He broke the windshield on a 3 day old car and he tinted the headlights for some reason for "free". Well, I found out why when I removed the tinting on the headlights. He or his partner scratched one of the housings. Its not bad, but I would not have noticed. It looks as if they were wiping something off and put light swirl scratches in it. Now, they are no longer in business. So here is what I am asking:

1. What headlight cleaner kit is good for this? My thoughts are the Diamondite and wet sand if necessary with 2000/3000.

2. The tint on the headlight left a lot of glue. Is there anything I can use to get that off easily or should I just sand it away as well?

2010 Ford Fusion SEL

g35_coupe
06-17-2010, 01:03 PM
I would sand away but keep it on a very low speed. Any heat could just smear it around and make a big ugly mess.