PDA

View Full Version : anyone going through this?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_335i
06-17-2010, 09:29 AM
i keep looking for things to buy. everytime im on the computer i surf stuff and research the best product etc and then when im intrigued i go on a crazy buying spree

a few months back it was fragrance, then the next month cosmetics(im metro), then the next month its suspension, then brakes, clothes(stupid m+o clearout) and then recently its detailing supplies

every month i keep splurging in excess of $1k on impulse buying and i have so much stuff it can last me through an apocalypse. i tried cancelling my cards but everytime i get an email for 30% off or watever discounts i go berserk because i just can pass it up!! i try to put it aside but i keep thinking about it for a few nights and eventually i succumb its always like that argh

JJ_
06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Yes I can totally agree with you I am the exact same !

imported_335i
06-17-2010, 11:33 AM
hahah its ridiculous right the forums are so poisionous

carsnbeer4life
06-17-2010, 11:40 AM
lol! thats funny for girls cosmetics and fragrence. my sister the same way. for me i like detail supplies and electronics.

Accumulator
06-17-2010, 12:04 PM
I dunno...at the risk of sounding really critical/not-fun/etc., I`d be genuinely worried about behavior like that. At the very least it sounds like some kind of evasion mechanism, distracting yourself from [whatever it is] or otherwise using the purchase of stuff fill some void that needs dealt with properly.

WAS
06-17-2010, 01:36 PM
I dunno...at the risk of sounding really critical/not-fun/etc., I`d be genuinely worried about behavior like that. At the very least it sounds like some kind of evasion mechanism, distracting yourself from [whatever it is] or otherwise using the purchase of stuff fill some void that needs dealt with properly.

On a serious note, yes, Accumulator is right. Your shopping addiction could be the result of subconscious fufillment and distraction. Or, it could be that you have an addiction to shopping, where you crave having every new thing that you see and hear about, regardless of personal usefulness. There`s actually a lot of possibilities, I studied some psychology, but it`s too much to type.

That all said, as long you can pay for it (and aren`t just carding it all and letting balances grow), have fun :)

XL Advantage
06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Too bad you aren`t addicted to buying investments. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRA`s. Then you would be super rich.

Accumulator
06-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Too bad you aren`t addicted to buying investments. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRA`s. Then you would be super rich.

If you bought the right ones, at the right price, at the right time ;) Otherwise it`s just the same thing and/or a form of gambling.

(901)
06-17-2010, 03:03 PM
What is a Metro?

eyezack87
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Just started a sunglasses phase right now. It didn`t help that yesterday I found out my friend who works at the Oakley Factory can get me 70% off anything in the store. I bought a pair of Probations for normal use and a new polarized lens for my Gascons. All for under $75 too :)

imported_335i
06-18-2010, 08:24 AM

On a serious note, yes, Accumulator is right. Your shopping addiction could be the result of subconscious fufillment and distraction. Or, it could be that you have an addiction to shopping, where you crave having every new thing that you see and hear about, regardless of personal usefulness. There`s actually a lot of possibilities, I studied some psychology, but it`s too much to type.

That all said, as long you can pay for it (and aren`t just carding it all and letting balances grow), have fun :)

damn i tink you may be right

imported_335i
06-18-2010, 08:25 AM
seems like thats a good deal!

kkreit01
06-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Car stuff & electronics = yes :woot:

Frangrances & cosmetics = :confused:

JJ_
06-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeh I guess it does distract me but I have very little debt.

It`s just part of OCD I think.

Accumulator
06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Yeh I guess it does distract me but I have very little debt..

Heh heh, some (myself included, generally speaking) that*any* debt is, if not bad, at least less-than-optimal.

The whole distraction thing can be a bit complicated...seems like many people believe they need something like that, whether it`s an interest in pro sports, or a (nearly-)all-consuming hobby, a job they don`t "leave at the office", or whatever.

It`s just part of OCD I think.

And (real) OCD is something that oughta be dealt with.

Sheesh, I don`t mean to come across all :nono :o But I do sometimes think that Autopia can be a questionable influence when it comes to stuff like this. You know "gotta try this new product!", "nothing but 100% correction for me, my car`s gotta be perfect!", and so on....It`s not like having a nice shiny car is really all that important in the overall scheme of things.