PDA

View Full Version : Armor all wheel protectant over Collinite ???

tieguy77
06-15-2010, 05:43 PM
My wheels take a beating especially in the winter with Salt etc... Does anyone know if it would be worthwhile to use the armor all wheel protectant over collinite 845 or 476?

I am looking for the absolute toughest wheel protection available and I am wondering if this combo would work or if they wouldn`t be compatible.

Thank you,

Bobby

GatorJ
06-15-2010, 05:55 PM
My wheels take a beating especially in the winter with Salt etc... Does anyone know if it would be worthwhile to use the armor all wheel protectant over collinite 845 or 476?

I am looking for the absolute toughest wheel protection available and I am wondering if this combo would work or if they wouldn`t be compatible.

Thank you,

Bobby

AA Wheel Protectant doesn`t seem to be particularly durable. Assuming your wheels are clear coated, I would suggest using a sealant such as Ultima Paint Guard Plus or Optima Opti-Seal, followed by Collinite.....best of all worlds

ThrillHo
06-15-2010, 07:18 PM
How do you know if you have clear coated wheels? Would chrome wheels be clear coated? Sorry for noob questions. And despite AA wheel protectant`s durability, does it seem to work well until it wears off?

Dubbin1
06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
How do you know if you have clear coated wheels? Would chrome wheels be clear coated? Sorry for noob questions. And despite AA wheel protectant`s durability, does it seem to work well until it wears off?

Chrome wheels would not be coated.

ThrillHo
06-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Chrome wheels would not be coated. Can you suggest a treatment regimen for chrome wheels to reduce brake dust buildup?

eyezack87
06-16-2010, 01:54 AM
I use the AA thing on my wheels. I don`t mind spraying every 3-4 weeks since its so nice to use

Dubbin1
06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Can you suggest a treatment regimen for chrome wheels to reduce brake dust buildup?

A good sealant should do the trick. Something such as DP Wheel Glaze should do the trick. http://www.autogeek.net/dp-wheel-glaze.html