PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4

Pages : [1] 2

SilverJag
06-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Anyone trying to pre-order the phone this morning? Apple and AT&T sites are down due to heavy traffic as I write this. I`m really excited to get this new one, as my older 3G is definitely showing it`s age.

bwalker25
06-15-2010, 10:12 AM
I can confirm the att and apple websites are very slow to respond and all but completely not working for pre-orders. I have a 3g as well and can say its def. showing its age. Its slow and sometimes hangs when I type things....oh well...can`t wait for the new iphone...all this talk about the new data plans dont effect me, I`m grandfathered in to the unlimited plan, as well are all existing iphone users...

jono20
06-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Maybe one day... I gave Steve some serious props for the resolution when I was watching the keynote, but 3.5" is just way to small by today`s standards. I have a Nexus One now at 3.7" and even it`s a little small. I think 4.0" is the magic size, the Evo and HD2 are a little big at 4.3".

RaskyR1
06-15-2010, 10:51 AM
The wife and I will be upgrading our 3G phones when we get back from vacation in July. Not about to try and get one right away as I hate waiting in line. :D

rdorman
06-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Been trying to pre order on and off all morning. Site is still down through AT&T. Not surprising at all.

SilverJag
06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I can confirm the att and apple websites are very slow to respond and all but completely not working for pre-orders. I have a 3g as well and can say its def. showing its age. Its slow and sometimes hangs when I type things....oh well...can`t wait for the new iphone...all this talk about the new data plans dont effect me, I`m grandfathered in to the unlimited plan, as well are all existing iphone users...

I completely understand this. My 3g is so slow, I can barely even do anything on it, and am lucky if the battery lasts me the entire day. I`m really looking forward to the improved battery life and speed on the new phone.

Maybe one day... I gave Steve some serious props for the resolution when I was watching the keynote, but 3.5" is just way to small by today`s standards. I have a Nexus One now at 3.7" and even it`s a little small. I think 4.0" is the magic size, the Evo and HD2 are a little big at 4.3".

I agree. 3.5 is a little small and renders the new resolution somewhat redundant, IMO.

Been trying to pre order on and off all morning. Site is still down through AT&T. Not surprising at all.

Same here, still no luck.

rdorman
06-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Heck I can not even get into my AT&T account right now much less order the darn thing! My 3G is working perfect but I can sell it for what it will cost me for the 16GB 4 so why not!

rdorman
06-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Well, after many tries, I was able to order. Give it a try now.

SilverJag
06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Sweet! Just did it now too; thanks for the heads up. Good luck to anyone else trying. Post your thoughts when you get it on the 24-25 :)

rdorman
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
I was able to keep my unlimited dataplan as well which is nice. We get a good discount from AT&T through work so it only runs me $20 a month. I understand that they have family dataplans available now as well so I will need to look into those. I have four lines for personal use and all have smartphones so a family plan would be nice!

imported_Ivan Rajic
06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
I`ll be upgrading from 3G to 3Gs once the 4gs are out and about. Nice prices and quite a bit faster. I`m going to use the 3G for my 2nd business or pass it on to my fiancee. Definitely going to get a 4G later this year, especially if it was to be available to Tmobile clients... this unlocking/jailbreaking is getting annoying.

imported_motoo344
06-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I was able to preorder a 16gb last night around 6. I tried in the morning with no luck and then went golfing and still couldn`t get one hours later. Made a quick sale with my 3g to cover the cost and my contract is up with att anyway so it actually worked out well.

SilverJag
06-16-2010, 12:06 PM
I don`t mean to jack my own thread, but I`d be willing to buy used iPhone 3G or 3GS. PM me if you`re interested.

Candor
06-16-2010, 12:14 PM
I have my iPhone 4 on pre-order, cannot wait!

imported_Ivan Rajic
06-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I don`t mean to jack my own thread, but I`d be willing to buy used iPhone 3G or 3GS. PM me if you`re interested.

I`m looking on craigslist regularly since I want to pick up a 3Gs very soon. They`re going pretty cheap, like $250-300 or less.