PDA

View Full Version : Rate your current polishing arsenal

cheeto chop
06-14-2010, 11:54 PM
ok so i found an awesome thread here that rates LSPs.

here is the link: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/116040-rate-your-current-lsp-arsenal.html

this info is very subjective tho and according to most people the look comes from the prep work and not the LSP.

with that said, a polish can be more objective than subjective since swirls are either gone or their not. so how do you all rate all the polishes that are mentioned here on autopia?

wannafbody
06-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Find the polish that works for your situation. For me Megs Ultimate compound works on my cars and I follow up with Zaino ZPC. I have some menzerna finishing polishes but rarely bother with them since I find that ZAIO does the same job and more.

Final Touch
06-15-2010, 09:13 AM
M205 is my polish, it`s like it was made specifically for me ;) I don`t think I`ve really used anything else since I trialled it.

jono20
06-15-2010, 10:41 AM
D151 has a place in every single one of my paint corrections. Fantastic product.

Accumulator
06-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Hmmm...I`m not sure how to respond on this theread :confused: But then I don`t do much correction these days anyhow.

I like the M105/M205 twins but I *REALLY* wish the M205`s oils were easier to clean off/out of the paint and I sometimes wish there were a M305 for even lighter work.

I still use M80 and 1Z stuff for some jobs, and I`m still using the 3M PI-III twins on the MPV.

Still use my 3M PI-III ECRC when I need rocks-in-a-bottle stuff.

Never touch my OCP or my HT-EC (wanna buy `em?), but I have used the HT-HC/357 on some exterior plastics (e.g., BMW e36 "B" pillars) with good results. Never use my Griot`s Machine Polishes.

Actually, I find that a few of my older, seldom-used polishes work well on exterior plastics, so I`m glad I still have `em around. And every now and then something I hardly ever use is *just* right for some job; it pays to have options. Heh heh, IMO that`s one genuine benefit to being a "Product Collector", or rather a "Product Accumulator" ;)