PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System Starter Kit $4.99

H.E.D
06-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Marshalls is selling these for 4.99 at this price I couldnt pass. Hopefully it works.

WaxManRonnie
06-15-2010, 05:27 AM
$4.99 is about what it`s worth.

kkreit01
06-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Big Lots had them for $4 a season or 2 ago.

imported_jayhkr
06-15-2010, 12:58 PM
I just use mine as a final rinse. I don`t use the crappy soap that comes with it, I have a foam gun for that. What I like to do is pre-wet, wash, scrub, rinse. Then I hook up the autodry and trun it to the "spotless" rinse and go over the entire vehicle with that. I make 2 passes for each section and it turns out pretty good! I just go over any areas missed and creavises with a blower to knock out the rest of the water.

Dan
06-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Total waste of $5. By the time you do an adequate job of spraying the car down with the filtered water, you could have dried AND applied a QD or Quick Wax.

H.E.D
06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Wow I guess is that bad. Good thing I still have the receipt, but I`ll still try it out.

imported_jayhkr
06-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Total waste of $5. By the time you do an adequate job of spraying the car down with the filtered water, you could have dried AND applied a QD or Quick Wax.

I agree that the filtered water spray does come out a bit slow, but it`s suppose to. Water can`t be de-ionized properly at a quick pace. Even the higher end CR Spotless De-ionizer (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11201522&whse=&topnav=national&browse=)only allows 2gpm IN to the tanks so that it can effectively purify the water. So it only makes sense that the water that comes out, considering it had to travel through all that resign to get clean, would come out a bit slower. HED, I think if you follow what I suggested you will be pleasantly surprised. If not, like you said you still have the receipt shouldn`t be a problem getting your money back. Good luck with it!

Dan
06-16-2010, 09:55 AM
I agree that the filtered water spray does come out a bit slow, but it`s suppose to. Water can`t be de-ionized properly at a quick pace. Even the higher end CR Spotless De-ionizer (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11201522&whse=&topnav=national&browse=)only allows 2gpm IN to the tanks so that it can effectively purify the water. So it only makes sense that the water that comes out, considering it had to travel through all that resign to get clean, would come out a bit slower. HED, I think if you follow what I suggested you will be pleasantly surprised. If not, like you said you still have the receipt shouldn`t be a problem getting your money back. Good luck with it!

I understand that the water isn`t supposed to flow out very fast. What I don`t understand is why you`d want to use something that adds additional time to your routine when compared to drying the traditional way. I`d rather dry and QD and be done sooner and not waste money on resin packs and crappy soap.

H.E.D
06-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Back on the shelve!

kab2288
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
i tried this product when it came out, it left more spots on my car than a traditional wash. total waste of money, i spent too much time trying to dry. not even worth the effort for $5

Concourswanna b
06-17-2010, 12:34 AM
It helps if used in conjunction with regular drying. I don`t use the soap, except on my old dd pickup. I`ll do anything i can to cut down on

water spots, including the overpriced Griot`s filter. We have extremely hard water here. Vinegar rinse once in while helps also, like

on the 1z site. Of course, as a hobby detailer, I could not care less about "length of time" to do this process or that process. It doesn`t make

a difference to me if drying takes 7 min., 12 min., or 20 min.

GatorJ
06-17-2010, 05:01 AM
I understand that the water isn`t supposed to flow out very fast. What I don`t understand is why you`d want to use something that adds additional time to your routine when compared to drying the traditional way. I`d rather dry and QD and be done sooner and not waste money on resin packs and crappy soap.

Based on your logic, you would recommend against the CR Spotless as well. Your position is not well taken. Some people prefer to rinse their cars with the purest water available to them. Makes sense to me.

Dan
06-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Based on your logic, you would recommend against the CR Spotless as well. Your position is not well taken. Some people prefer to rinse their cars with the purest water available to them. Makes sense to me.

Don`t put words into my mouth about the CR Spotless. I think that is viable if used with a storage tank to get real flow. Everyone can do as they please, don`t get upset that I posted my opinion. The fact is, the device makes my life more complicated and with WORSE results than hand drying. One of the few things you can`t get more of in life is time, so yeah, I take that seriously when I have 4 cars sitting in my driveway.