PDA

View Full Version : Stripping LSP

ktheo
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Whats the best and more effecient way to strip off old LSP.

I heard guys using CG citrus wash at a higher concentration.

Any other suggestions?

I would like to be able to do it at the wash stage. Idealy with my foam gun...

Accumulator
06-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Noting that I don`t use the foamgun for this (but I suppose you could), I`d use the alkaline step of a decontamination system...FK1119 or AutoInt/ValuGard`s "A".

That`s assuming you want to get fancier than a strong wash with Dawn ;)

ktheo
06-09-2010, 10:20 AM
What concentration of DAWN?

Accumulator
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
What concentration of DAWN?

I dunno, and that`s not some smart-aleck reply!

Noting that I don`t Dawn-wash very often, I just mix up a seemingly potent mix by eye. Sorry, if I had a better answer I`d give it to you. If you pretend it`s a normal shampoo you`ll get one really strong mix. Stronger is better as IMO Dawn`s wax-stripping abilities are vastly over-rated.

imported_jayhkr
06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
On a normal car wash I`ll go through about 1/3 of a full foam gun bottle. So fill it up about half with dawn and use your 2nd to highest setting. It`s worth a shot at least!

Bert
06-09-2010, 11:30 AM
When I am stripping a car of its LSP, I am generally getting read to detail the car that will involve some degree of polishing - I just like the idea of claying and polishing bare paint.

I will generally start off with a LSP stripping mixture of Chem Guys Citrus Wash and Clear which if I recall correction is 2 ounces per gallon of water. I will first thoroughly rinse the car off and then spray a 10:1 mixture of Meg APC on the paint. The combination of spraying APC on the paint and then following up with a wash of a strong mixture of Citrus Wash and Clear generally does the job. After the wash, I will clay the car with a fresh batch of citrus wash and clear as my lubricant. At that point, I am pretty sure my paint is LSP free or pretty dang close to it. Anything left will be taken car of by the abrasive polish. After polishing I apply an AIO with a finishing pad prepping the surface for the LSP. Lastly the LSP goes on.