PDA

View Full Version : Final Polish....Menz 085 or 106?

Rez90
06-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I have SIP and 203 and love them both. I just used up the last of my poorboys SSR1 and am looking to replace it with a final polish.

Which based on experience do you prefer? 085 or 106? According to the chart they both have the same gloss but the 106 has a little more cut. I would be using this with either a white or grey LC pad.

Thanks much.

Bert
06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
I have SIP and 203 and love them both. I just used up the last of my poorboys SSR1 and am looking to replace it with a final polish.

Which based on experience do you prefer? 085 or 106? According to the chart they both have the same gloss but the 106 has a little more cut. I would be using this with either a white or grey LC pad.

Thanks much.

Despite what the chart says, I think PO85 and PO87 have a bit more gloss than 106 but I do agree with the less cut. In most cases, if I am using SIP with a LC White or Green or Edge Green or Blue pad, I can go to PO85 or 87 on LC Blue/Red or Gold and skip 106 but it is nice to have some 106 (or something similar like Megs 205) around when I cannot make that jump.

On the other hand, if I am using SIP on LC Orange or Edge Yellow, I will in many cases need 106 on LC White or Green or Edge Blue or Green as an in between stage before going to PO85 or PO87 on LC Blue/Red or Gold or Edge White.

Does that make sense? In other words, when using SIP on a cutting pad like LC Orange or Edge Yellow, the haze left over due to the cutting pad can sometimes be a bit too much for PO85 or PO87 to clean up so I will need 106 on a polishing pad such as LC White or Green or Edge Blue or Green with its polishing ability to clean up the haze and then I can go to PO85 or PO87 on a finishing pad such as LC Blue/Red or Gold or Edge White. However, when using SIP ona a polishing pad such as LC White or Green or Edge Blue or Green the haze left over by the pad is so minimal (if any?) that going to PO85 or PO87 on a finishing pad is fine.

Curious to see if other agree.

porta
06-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I am mostly using PO106FA.

Legacy
06-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Despite what the chart says, I think PO85 and PO87 have a bit more gloss than 106 but I do agree with the less cut. In most cases, if I am using SIP with a LC White or Green or Edge Green or Blue pad, I can go to PO85 or 87 on LC Blue/Red or Gold and skip 106 but it is nice to have some 106 (or something similar like Megs 205) around when I cannot make that jump.

On the other hand, if I am using SIP on LC Orange or Edge Yellow, I will in many cases need 106 on LC White or Green or Edge Blue or Green as an in between stage before going to PO85 or PO87 on LC Blue/Red or Gold or Edge White.

Does that make sense? In other words, when using SIP on a cutting pad like LC Orange or Edge Yellow, the haze left over due to the cutting pad can sometimes be a bit too much for PO85 or PO87 to clean up so I will need 106 on a polishing pad such as LC White or Green or Edge Blue or Green with its polishing ability to clean up the haze and then I can go to PO85 or PO87 on a finishing pad such as LC Blue/Red or Gold or Edge White. However, when using SIP ona a polishing pad such as LC White or Green or Edge Blue or Green the haze left over by the pad is so minimal (if any?) that going to PO85 or PO87 on a finishing pad is fine.

You got it right on.:bigups

imported_Dave1
06-13-2010, 12:28 AM

Completely.......

Good informative post.......:xyxthumbs