PDA

View Full Version : my Chaos review

dogma
06-06-2010, 05:16 AM
First of all I love my Zaino,with that being said I still love to experiment. I had a love for carnuba years ago ,but the new sealants and AIO`s swayed me. I hated the inital carnuba meltoff.

I have tried now almost every carnuba except the real expensive like Kore& Crystal rock. A renewed love came with WBW ,FK PW & CMW. I recently ordered Vic`s Red and hand rubbed in 2 coats and let it sit for a day. it wasn`t what i expected ,I wanted the wetness like CMW. Not that is wasn`t a excellent wax just not as wet as I had wanted. I Emailed Bence for help,and as always he pointed me in the right direction. I had emialed Rob at Glimmer glass detailing asking If I could buy a sample of Chaos,being the stand up guy he is i sent back the Red and he sent me the Chaos.

So I stripped the car then a coat of RMG then 2 hand rubbed coats of Chaos.

Now this is what I was looking for dripping wet with depth. I found Chaos a little griity compared to Red and a little more oily. I still an having a hard time with the idea of using just my hands. I think too I use more was then if i used an applicator " I think ". I obviously found it easier to spread the wax on all flat surfaces ,but the more I rubbed it in the more coverage . i also found I need way more MF to get it all off,not that its hard to come off ,just different compared to CMW,PS and a like. Doesn`t all come off the 1st or 2nd time.

Looking this morning at the finish its awesome I may put 1 more coat or just wipe it down with Vic`s QD. Awesome QD I may say.

I am not quite sure though if its better than CMW,I will have to see when I get get it in the sun.

Overall a great wax ,one of the best I have tried. I guess the more i use it the better I will get at Hand application. its just CMW is so easy to use especially by PC.

Definately a must have.

black03mach
06-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Glad to hear you like it!

I haven`t tried any of the Vics waxes...maybe soon i will!

Thanks for the review and hope to see an update

jmsc
06-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Dogma,

Up until 5 years ago I too tried every carnauba that was available including those super expensive Zymols. Then I tried sealants. Klaase was my first. I liked it so much that I had to try another. Zaino was my second and last one. Still using Zaino after all these years.

Just curious since you have experimented extensively. What are your top 3 carnaubas and top 3 sealants that you have used and why?

Thanks...

Rez90
06-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Bump for the question above.

Also...can someone provide a link for Chaos Wax?

Thanks.

Alfisti
06-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Here you go: Victoria Wax - Chaos Available January (2010) (http://www.victoriawax.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=309&category_id=66)

Rez90
06-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Thank you!

dogma
06-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Dogma,

Up until 5 years ago I too tried every carnauba that was available including those super expensive Zymols. Then I tried sealants. Klaase was my first. I liked it so much that I had to try another. Zaino was my second and last one. Still using Zaino after all these years.

Just curious since you have experimented extensively. What are your top 3 carnaubas and top 3 sealants that you have used and why?

Thanks...

I would like to give you a definitive answer but I can`t. I guess i just like trying new products. I can tell you that Zaino works so good that I get bored ( I know I have a problem). At work they call me the waxaholic. I can`t tell you how any procucts i have tried and used just once. It looks like you live close by PM me and I Will show you my collection.

When I first found Autopia like every other newbie I thought i knew everything about detailing WRONG!!. I learned so much I wouldn`t know where to begin.

top 3 sealants

zaino Z5/8 & CS looks durability everything

OS looks ease of use

Swax / FK1000 tie swax looks fk looks/durability

Top 3 carnuba

CMW/ YCW looks/durablity ease of use fool proof

Chaos looks rest time will tell

WBW/Petes 53/ AG HD tie looks

Top 3 glazes

RMG

WMF

old DWG

Top3 QD

QS

Z6

Vics/Fk425

ONR for sure

jmsc
06-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Dogma,

You have PM.

imported_Bence
06-06-2010, 05:05 PM
:secret :D :bigups :hifive:

imported_Bence
06-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Second coat?

dogma
06-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Second coat?

Yes, Hand applied 2 coats. Very very impressed ,definately the wet glossy look I was after. I have to say kind of weird applying by hand. Looks great out in the sun too , I hope to post some pictures. The QD is really excellent too. it really does a nice job keeping up the slickness and gloss. IMO a must have wax.

Thanks again for the pointing me in the right direction. Your help was very much appreciated.:D