PDA

View Full Version : Finish First...my experiences. Anyone else try it?

Rob4092xx
06-03-2010, 08:18 PM
I have been anal retentive on all of my car finishes for the past 30 years! I have owned five Corvettes, two NSX`s, two Hummers, and a variety of other cars.

I have used every product there is. While Zaino looked great on my C6 Corvettes, it does not protect against things like tree sap. I don`t care what anyone else says, I have first hand experience on one of my C6s, freshly layered with Zaino Z-1, Z-5, Z-2, Z-CS, and tree sap stuck all over it. I will never go back to Zaino!

I had a similar experience with Klasse AIO and Zaino AIO. Looks great, easy to apply, zero protection against the elements.

I live in Phoenix, AZ. It gets over 120 degrees here and is dusty/sandy 365 days a year. Without so much as one single doubt, the most durable product I have ever used is "Finish First." It is a cleaner, AIO product, that leaves an incredibly glossy finish. It is super easy to put on and take off, has very little dried left over residue, and will easily lasy six months in the Phoenix heat! Best part is it only costs about $25 per can which will cover 10 cars or so and can be bought on E-bay or from the distributor.

The only thing I do not like about Finish First, which also occurs with most other products, is that it turns textured black trim white. Oh well!

I have absolutely no affiliation with Finish First. I have used it on and off for the past 15 years. Every time I try the "latest and greatest new thing," I go back to Finish First.

Trust me folks...this is the best thing for cars parked outside in the heat and elements! Nothing else has come close!

Anyone else have experience with Finish First?

Scottwax
06-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Liquid Glass is essentially the same product according to the Guru Reports wax test done several years ago.

The fact that you only have 5 posts and say you have no affiliation with Finish First and mention how it can be bought sure raises some red flags IMO.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Liquid Glass is essentially the same product according to the Guru Reports wax test done several years ago.

The fact that you only have 5 posts and say you have no affiliation with Finish First and mention how it can be bought sure raises some red flags IMO.

Eh not to mention I`ve never seen anything that completely prevented tree sap from sticking. Zaino (like most sealants) should at the very least make it considerably easier to remove. (as long as it doesn`t completely harden)

:werd:

Rob4092xx
06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I just learned of this site so that explains the limited postings.

I have posted similar remarks about Zaino, Klasse and Finish First on NSXPrime.com and CorvetteForum.com. I have hundreds of posts on both so I am not some reseller trying to promote a product.

Instead, I was just offering my experience in the harsh Phoenix, AZ, environment and how I have preserved my Acura NSX and Corvette C6 over the years.

My Username is the same on both forums in case you want to check me out: Rob4092xx

Rob4092xx
06-03-2010, 09:52 PM
That is what I always thought. Now keep in mind, it was a very hot, sunny day when this occurred. I worked and worked on it to get it off. Finally I had to take it to a detailer for Claybar. I had never had any type of experience like this when I used Finish First and I have been a car nut for over 35 years owning three Nissan Z`s five Corvettes, two Hummers and two Acura NSX`s in addition to numerous daily drivers.

I currently own one C6, one 350z, one NSX, one Hummer and my wife`s Expedition (she will never sell it...argh!).

As you can see from my list of cars, I tend to keep buying something that I really like!

Eh not to mention I`ve never seen anything that completely prevented tree sap from sticking. Zaino (like most sealants) should at the very least make it considerably easier to remove. (as long as it doesn`t completely harden)

:werd: