PDA

View Full Version : True or False...Finishing Polish/Glaze Q.

Bster13
06-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I was sorting out an order with a vendor and we started to talk about what a finishing glaze/polish really does for me. In my case Meguiar`s #3:

Meguiar`s Direct Machine Glaze - (http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+MAC+16)

He stated a product like Meguiar`s #3 Machine Glaze is really more geared towards a show car or that one time you really need your car to "pop" as it won`t last long.

Say my finish is flawless, looks nice, clean and clear. The gentleman on the phone stated if I then applied #3 to make it "pop," and sealant after that....after a wash or two, the sealant and polish would wear off as the polish does not bond well with the paint and with the sealant bonded to the polish, well it`d just fall/wash off with it.

He stated I`d be better off just applying the sealant on my nice, clean and clear finish 99% of the time for lasting protection, and only use the #3 and than sealant combo for a car show or if I were selling the car as the rich/deep look won`t last long.

True or False? Thx.