PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about ONR

Pages : [1] 2

DFRI
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
First question. I usually wash my cars with Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash. If I wash it again right away with ONR, will it have a better shine?

Second question. Can it be used as a regular car wash and rinsing with water. Just curious. I am new at trying out all these products that are recommended here.

Thanks.

nosbusa1700
06-03-2010, 04:14 PM
ONR has polymers in it, so it should shine no matter when you use it. Of course you might not be able much difference after using Gold Class wash. jmo

While I`ve never used it as a regular car wash, it should work just fine. You can even put an ounce or two in your regular car wash if you want.

wascallyrabbit
06-03-2010, 04:31 PM
1. maybe, some people might see a difference and some won`t. just a thought but why wash the car twice just use one or the other.

2. onr is designed as a rinseless wash a car be used by it self. dilute one once per two gallons of water (think thats right) wash panel then dry. fastest way i`ve used to wash a car (hd might be faster but haven`t tried it yet).

there are many threads about using onr. do a search for more detailed info about washing with it. scottwax has youtube video using onr.

raester
06-03-2010, 04:47 PM
If you want to do a regular wash, I suggest trying Optimum Car Wash. Its very smooth, lots of foam, smells good, best car wash soap I have ever used. Never going back to Meguiars Gold Class. ONR works very well too.

riverbait
06-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I tried ONR for the first time this afternoon. I was very pleased! I didn`t have to drag a hose around. Do a section at a time, then dry, and so forth. Don`t "wash" the car all and then dry. It will leave water spots!!! Do in sections---or at least that is what I did. I was tempted to buy some of the boutique type shampoos, but am glad I didn`t. This product really works well. If you car is super dirty, I would hose it off first and then follow the ONR steps. I will never go back to the other brands.

RL-Audi
06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I made the switch to ONR from Megs Gold Class a few months ago. I am very happy with ONR, although I have only used the `new` formula.

1. In my opinion, the shine is much better.

2. There is no need to rinse with water (rinseless wash). Just make sure your panel is clean before you dry. I was amazed at how clean the MFs are after I clean the entire car.

There are lot of videos online. Check out some of Scottwax`s youtube videos... its quite simple once you get used to it.

Best part about it, at least for me, is that it takes a lot less time to maintain my car.

SuperBee364
06-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I made the switch to ONR from Megs Gold Class a few months ago. I am very happy with ONR, although I have only used the `new` formula.

There`s a new version?? Do you mean when they went from unscented to scented, or is there an actual new formula?

Edit: Just looked around a bit. Yeah, I see there`s a new version. Guess I need to read up a bit on it.

The old ONR was one of my favorite interior cleaners. Hope the new stuff will still work in this capacity as well as the old stuff did.

Envious Eric
06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
super, the new is AWESOME for a wash, havent used it on interiors though, just door jambs and door rails (part where you step over)...seems like it leaves it clean and a little more glossy. i think it would be good to go for interiors...smells better too!

toss out the GC wash altogether. ONR alone will look better than the GC alone, or both! Just wasting your time

if you are looking for more gloss from a wash, look into the chemical guys glossworkz shampoo

Chemical Guys GlossWorkz Paintwork Cleanser Review – Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/chemical-guys-glossworkz-paintwork-cleanser-review/)

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Supe,

I`m still working through 2 1/4 gallons of "old" ONR. Don`t feel bad that you`re behind on it too. :D

Envious Eric
06-03-2010, 10:06 PM
mind...everyone said to use it as a QD or clay lube and get some of the new formula for washing...I didnt...I wish I had! Its THAT much better!

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 10:07 PM
mind...everyone said to use it as a QD or clay lube and get some of the new formula for washing...I didnt...I wish I had! Its THAT much better!

I`ll get to it. By the time I`m done we`ll be on formula revision #10. :har:

sulla
06-03-2010, 11:36 PM
You can rinse it with water but what`s the point of rinseless wash then ? Unless you want to do it the way I do it..

I ONR my car for the hoseless comfort and then rinse the car with RO water to get the dryless comfort.. Perfectly fast and no water spots... I`d just have to watch out for water from the crevices... It will mess your paint...I usually OID after I wash to give more gloss and take care of the dripping water problem

Envious Eric
06-04-2010, 01:30 AM
taking too long washing with ONR if you are bothering with a RO water rinse....might as well buy a cheaper soap like chem guys maxi suds

the whole point to ONR is to use less water, and take less time...

sulla
06-04-2010, 02:56 AM
I have a different opinion about it toyotaguy... Yes timewise and pricewise it`s indeed better with traditional washing but the hose hassle is another thing to factor in for me...Also I`m not comfortable wiping my mf afraid that i may drag some dust..I agree it may be possible it`s going to be just as fast to dry with mf...But I always blot my mf when drying and it takes too long for me...RO water rinsing or CR spotless takes at most 1 minute hose hassle and I can just walk away after that...With my paranoid drying technique I save 30 mins time... If I QD it`s another 15 mins...So net saving is 15 mins..

SuperBee364
06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
super, the new is AWESOME for a wash, havent used it on interiors though, just door jambs and door rails (part where you step over)...seems like it leaves it clean and a little more glossy. i think it would be good to go for interiors...smells better too!

toss out the GC wash altogether. ONR alone will look better than the GC alone, or both! Just wasting your time

if you are looking for more gloss from a wash, look into the chemical guys glossworkz shampoo

Chemical Guys GlossWorkz Paintwork Cleanser Review – Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/chemical-guys-glossworkz-paintwork-cleanser-review/)

Sold! Guess I better get some ordered. Has it been out long enough now that you`ll get the new version from pretty much all the e-tailers?

Supe,

I`m still working through 2 1/4 gallons of "old" ONR. Don`t feel bad that you`re behind on it too. :D

I hear ya, Fluxy. I ordered five gallons last fall to get me through winter, and I just opened my last gallon. I may keep it for interior cleaning, though.