PDA

View Full Version : griot 6" orbitor

newmanxl
06-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I`m a newbie. should i stay with the 6" pads or go with something smaller. What size of pads do you use for bumpers. What kind of back plate and pads should i buy.

BigAl3
06-02-2010, 11:13 PM
buy a 5" DA backing plate and some 5.5" Flat orange and white pads. to start get 3 of each...

Legacy
06-03-2010, 01:36 AM
buy a 5" DA backing plate and some 5.5" Flat orange and white pads. to start get 3 of each...Getting some 4" pads for tight areas would not hurt.

BigAl3
06-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Getting some 4" pads for tight areas would not hurt.

agreed, and add a 3" backing plate as well... :hifive:

newmanxl
06-03-2010, 06:34 PM
thanks guys for the help. I am really lost on this stuff. I have a new black car and want to keep it clean as possible

SuperBee364
06-03-2010, 06:44 PM
thanks guys for the help. I am really lost on this stuff. I have a new black car and want to keep it clean as possible

Check out http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/116836-imo-what-new-guys-should-get-nowadays.html

And I`m not trying to pimp my own thread. :o Actually, there`s a ton more useful information from what everyone else posted in that thread than anything I put in it. Seriously good stuff... even Kevin Brown posted in it. Give it a read, I think it`ll be worth your time.

a_guerrajr
06-04-2010, 08:45 AM
i just went from a PC to this machine. i have a 5" plate from the PC i was using, however i went with 6" Kompressor pads, hopefully they work good or better than the CCS pads i have.

i also bough the griots 3" polisher for tight areas. can`t wait to try it out.

XL Advantage
06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I just bought a new GG 6" machine. Looking forward to getting the smaller one. Unless I can swap the heads out on it. I`m also interested in getting a brush for carpets. I have heard talk of one on here but don`t know where to get it.

Tim

BigAl3
06-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I just bought a new GG 6" machine. Looking forward to getting the smaller one. Unless I can swap the heads out on it. I`m also interested in getting a brush for carpets. I have heard talk of one on here but don`t know where to get it.

Tim

the GG3 orbital accepts other size DA backing plates as well (though no reason for it) and for kicks, i tried putting on the 5" and it worked, so with that said.. you can use a cyclo brush attachment since it has the same spindle size/thread as the DA backing plates...