PDA

View Full Version : Consistency of Optimum PoliSeal?

Mindflux
06-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I picked up my 32oz PoliSeal I`ve not got around to using yet and opened the lid to see what it looked like. It was definitely separated and yellow, clumpy material was all I could see.

I shook the container for a good minute before it no longer felt separated (was very watery/sloshy). In fact now when you shake it you feel nothing. It`s incredibly thick!

So, my question to you folks is what is PoliSeal`s consistency like? I`m sure it`s fine, though it seems that once shaken up the 32oz container only about half full? Did something evaporate off? I`ve had it about a year and a half.

Container + product weight = 31 ounces. It seems something evaporated off or I got shorted? All my polishes/compounds/waxes/etc stay inside in a controlled air conditioned environment to prevent excess heat or cool temperatures from doing weird things to products.

In fact, it`s so thick I can make it `stand` from the container.

http://gallery.me.com/mindflux/100013/Ps/web.jpg

jaynick808
06-02-2010, 09:08 PM
mine did the exact same thing halfway thru my last bottle. if it sat for a week it would seperate bad and yellow piss would come out or extra thick creamy polish only. it was weird but i put i shook it and kept it in the fridge after.

could be the climate since u live in tx and i live in hawaii. ??

Mindflux
06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
could be the climate since u live in tx and i live in hawaii. ??

I keep all my products inside the house which is air conditioned, so I don`t think the climate is the problem.

See my original post for an update (picture)!

Scottwax
06-02-2010, 10:16 PM
My bottle did the same, once I shook it really hard for a minute or two, it remixed and seemed to work just fine. Consistency isn`t as thick as your bottle though.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Alright, I`ll ping this off the folks at Optimum too.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Also, 10 points to the person who can identify the product in the far right corner of the crate in the background (right of the Zaino ;))

Setec Astronomy
06-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Looks like VM.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Looks like VM.

Negative. ;)

superchargedg
06-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Mine isnt that thick but i shake it like crazy before i use it though.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Mine isnt that thick but i shake it like crazy before i use it though.

Mine would have been watery thin if I hadn`t shaken it. It had definitely separated and now it`s so thick! (as you can tell from the pic).

I think something evaporated off, the weight of the container is off (for not being used) and nobody else is seeing this type of consistency with it.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Well if you can believe it, Matt at Autogeek offered to replace my 32oz PoliSeal for me. Since I bought it from the now defunct DetailCity store, Matt felt like being a good guy and hooking me up. It probably doesn`t hurt Dwayne (that runs the DetailCity forums) works for Autogeek.

At any rate, if I talk to Optimum about this and they offer to replace it I`m going to get them to send it to AutoGeek to replace the stock Matt took out for me.

Once I get my replacement I`m going to do a weight comparison on them as well as a volume comparison (visual through the opening) and consistency comparison.

:think:

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
For those that are curious, Dr. G from Optimum said a 32oz bottle packaging and all should weigh 34 ounces. Meaning 32 oz are product, and the bottle+cap = 2oz.

Mine is 3 ounces light without using a drop, he seems to agree something evaporated off but says it should work the same as ever.