PDA

View Full Version : Big Lots buy of the week: 3M Performance Finish

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ntwrkguy1
06-02-2010, 08:11 PM
So I went trolling in the local Big Lots and stumbled across a small display of 3M Performance Finish ( #30930) priced at a whopping $3.

I`ve never used it, but a friend of mine did and reported fairly good results on a car that sits outside in FL 24x7.

Of course, I didn`t need to buy another product....but for $3, in the name of detailing science, I did. The video on Autogeek`s site shows it to be a WOWO product, even though their description says "let dry to a haze".

I`ve always had good luck with 3M`s offerings, so if nothing else it will be fun to test drive this product on my DD that sits outside all day as well!

3M Performance Finish 16 oz. -39030 (http://www.autogeek.net/3m-performance-finish.html)

Setec Astronomy
06-02-2010, 08:42 PM
I am so glad the only Big Lots I know of closed up.

SlantS
06-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Can you give us an update on the performance asap? I am going on my "discount" supply run tomorrow afternoon.

I also saw the large orange Armor All MF towels there for $2.00. Has anybody tested these out?

jDizzle
06-02-2010, 10:07 PM
3m performance finish is amazingly durable stuff.. outlasted the klass twins, collinite 476 and 845. duragloss 111. and a bunch more in a comparison i did a year or 2 ago. i have a buddy that works at ollies ask me if it was any good cuz they had it for 2.50 a bottle. i was there later that day and bought a mess load of it. seriously durable stuff.

ntwrkguy1
06-03-2010, 05:04 AM
I am so glad the only Big Lots I know of closed up.

I hear you on this -- I have BOTH Ollie`s and Big Lots within 2 miles of each other, and that`s not a good thing. I`m liable to go broke $3 at a time!

ntwrkguy1
06-03-2010, 05:15 AM
Can you give us an update on the performance asap? I am going on my "discount" supply run tomorrow afternoon.

I also saw the large orange Armor All MF towels there for $2.00. Has anybody tested these out?

My friend has used this product on his dark green Honda Accord for the last 8 months or so -- prior to that, he used Duragloss 105. The car is outside in the FL sun a lot. There`s not much shade around his house, and he parks it out in a huge parking lot at work. I haven`t actually seen the car since he started using 3M on it, but he swears the stuff is outlasting the DG105, which I`m a big fan of.

I bought one of the towels last night, actually. Used it, along with Final Inspection, on my wife`s Indigo Blue Chevy Suburban. It worked well, with no micro-marring. I plan on using it this weekend to remove polish and wax -- I`ll let you know how it goes. $2 for it isn`t as big a steal as the 3M for $3, but it wasn`t a bad deal.

DetailsByDennis
06-03-2010, 06:40 AM
You must be in Cary?

I use the 3M Cleaner Wax and 3M PF all the time. It works fantastic on mirror covers, front/rear bumpers, headlights/tails etc. Both of them are worth having!

The AA towels work great as well, just make sure you wash them to remove some lint...

Autogeek
06-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Very good product and a great deal. I can honestly say that this is one of the most durable products we carry and it`s very easy to use as well. It`s a shame no one talks about it because it`s an awesome product.

ntwrkguy1
06-03-2010, 07:45 AM
You must be in Cary?

I use the 3M Cleaner Wax and 3M PF all the time. It works fantastic on mirror covers, front/rear bumpers, headlights/tails etc. Both of them are worth having!

The AA towels work great as well, just make sure you wash them to remove some lint...

I am in Cary.

Good call on the AA towels -- they do need a washing up front. Not the greatest towels in the world, but they seem to be a notch above the Costco/Sam`s MF`s.

I`m psyched about the 3M PF -- even went back this morning and bought another bottle!

DetailsByDennis
06-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I am in Cary.

Good call on the AA towels -- they do need a washing up front. Not the greatest towels in the world, but they seem to be a notch above the Costco/Sam`s MF`s.

I`m psyched about the 3M PF -- even went back this morning and bought another bottle!

Cool I might run into you sometime!

nosbusa1700
06-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Damn you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to make an other trip to Big Lots today. :lol

I was just there yesterday, saw the 3m, but didn`t really give it a second look.

I picked up a carnauba spray wax called kit bike shine, and a kit acrylic auto polish spray, that`s supposed to be great for metallic and pearl paint, black magic express spray, and a orange microfiber mitt.. All for around $13.00.

I also found some black magic interior cleaner, but it says it expired back in 06, so I didn`t buy that. BL just got them in from what I could tell.

jDizzle
06-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Very good product and a great deal. I can honestly say that this is one of the most durable products we carry and it`s very easy to use as well. It`s a shame no one talks about it because it`s an awesome product.

i talk about 3m performance all the time.. whenever someone is talking about needing something durable, and thats their main concern. i reccomend this.. for winter wax too. i have 9 ot 10 bottles of it stocked up.

Autogeek
06-03-2010, 12:37 PM
i talk about 3m performance all the time.. whenever someone is talking about needing something durable, and thats their main concern. i reccomend this.. for winter wax too. i have 9 ot 10 bottles of it stocked up.

:2thumbs: I used it on my friend`s Cobra which sits outside and gets rained on nearly everyday and it outlasted Duragloss and Collinite!

jDizzle
06-03-2010, 01:45 PM
matt. you said its one of your most durable products.. what have you found thats more durable, just out of curiosity? i havnt found anything more durable... and ive got a ton of LSP`s

klasse AIO, and SG. collinite 476, collinite 845, durabloss 111, surf city nano seal and nano glaze ( shine on package), surf city garage barrier reef carnuba, s100, autoglym hd, OCW, meguiard gold class, meguiars tech wax, meguiars #26, ultima paint guard plus, and blackfire wet diamond.

the 3m outlasts each and every one of them. atleast in terms of beading.

i have a buddy that detailed at a GM dealership a couple years ago and said the sealant they charge top dollar for is just re bottled performance finish, thats what got me to buy my first bottle at 15.00 from wally world. now its like 2.99 or sumthing crazy fi you can find it. suprized autogeek`s price hasnt lowered on it honestly. mabye it will come back if everyone realized how awesome it is.

454Casull
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Strikes me as curious that this stuff could be more durable than many other reputable products and yet doesn`t have a large following itself.