PDA

View Full Version : Drying towels

Pages : [1] 2

Duba
06-02-2010, 10:39 AM
A while ago I bought the blue waffle weave drying towels with the red edging. These towels don`t seem to work very well. They don`t absorb water rather it seems they push the water around when I am drying the car. I am using them dry on the car. Should they rinsed wet like a shamey or?? What is the secret??

Thanks in advance.

dmw2692004
06-02-2010, 10:43 AM
did you wash it with softeners or dry it on high heat? I feel like this is the culprit most of the time..

BigAl3
06-02-2010, 02:01 PM
how are you washing and drying them?

Duba
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I am using Sonus "Der Wunder Washe" and am air drying the towels.

They never worked well even when new and taken out of the package. This was about a year ago.

mmarmarou
06-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I would call these towels a borderline scam. Shame on Sonus for continuing to sell them. There have been many many complaints here. If only someone had the time or energy to file a class action lawsuit, I`d sign up. I want my $50 back for those towels.

Envious Eric
06-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Monterey Waffle Weave Drying towel (http://www.westcoastdetailsupply.com/Towels_WCDS_2436_Waffle_Weave.html)

^^^ those are awesome

also thinking about trying these out, but they look like another set of towels I have and didnt like as much as the WCDS towels.

Full Image (http://www.towelpros.com/display/ShowImage?imageUrl=/storage/WW%20Towels.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1234763 035962)

and then there are these from DI that I like as well!

DI Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towel - 36" x 24" | Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Microfiber-M13/Waffle-Weave-Drying-Towel-P100/36-x-24-S1/)

every other wash, I use some of this and the towels perform better and better!

DI Microfiber Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent Concentrate - 128 oz | Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Microfiber-M13/Micro-Restore-Microfiber-Detergent-Concentrate-P409/128-oz-S2/)

mmarmarou
06-02-2010, 06:09 PM
As a suggested alternative, the Detailers Domain ones are awesome. I`ve washed mine dozens of times and they`re still going strong.

Accumulator
06-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I would call these towels a borderline scam. Shame on Sonus for continuing to sell them. There have been many many complaints here. If only someone had the time or energy to file a class action lawsuit, I`d sign up. I want my $50 back for those towels.

Did you contact the vendor? I can`t think of any company that`s left me stuck with unsatisfactory products.

Are the Sonus WWs in question the yellow ones with red satin edging? Those are the Sonus WWs I have and they work OK.

shadow85
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM
I have the blue ones from Sonus. Both edged and edgeless. I think I am having the same problem, but then again I never used any other WW. So don`t know if they are performing as normal or they are bad.

imported_sal329
06-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I`ve had good luck with Meg water magnet and shorwoom fx ww drying towels

Duba
06-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Just got a hold of Autopia and they said they had a "bad batch" of towels. They are sending me new ones.

Great!! Issue resolved. Thank you Autopia and thank you Sonus!

shadow85
06-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Just got a hold of Autopia and they said they had a "bad batch" of towels. They are sending me new ones.

hmmm. I probably wont have the same luck as you since I purchase them a while ago. Maybe I should try other WW that have been mentioned here.

Please report back on how the "replacements" turn out for you.

sulla
06-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I have seen many vendor having the `bad batch` towels problem... Bad batch could happen to any vendor even the best ones...How are they handling the problem is the more important thing here..Really great that sonus is doing the right thing for you duba... I guess +1 for sonus in my book

Lynn Matthews
06-03-2010, 01:13 PM
We did have a bad batch of towels a while back and there were a few towels sold before we realized that something was wrong. For those who have contacted me regarding a purchase during this time, I have replaced them at no cost and, no questions asked. That is how we do business.

The Sonus towels are not a "scam". We would not intentionally sell anything that is inferior quality and ruin our name. I personally would not represent a company that would not stand behind the products they offer.

I currently use the Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towels on my own new black 2010 Camaro and my husbands red Toyota truck and they work great.

Lynn Matthews

Autopia Car Care

Direct Line: 858-605-0296

Brad B
06-03-2010, 01:39 PM

Pretty cool! Kind of says it all.