PDA

View Full Version : This is how I know we will always have a job...

Pages : [1] 2 3

jono20
05-30-2010, 01:13 AM
I`ve seen this video a couple times on Youtube, it never ceases to make me shake my head. The though was there, but the execution was a little... well... lacking.

YouTube - How to remove clearcoat paint scratches from your car (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlLGUsLsctw)

Remember guys, once you see the colour coming through, you should probably stop.

Jean-Claude
05-30-2010, 08:42 AM
"Ewww MY GOD......anyways..."

haha what a dork.

Boston Man
05-30-2010, 09:03 AM
I like how he doesnt give an estimated time for the job, but an estimated # of beers lol

"This is a 1-beer job."

GK Auto Spa
05-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Its funny that he`s even on the technology tip(camera/youtube) That compound looks like it been sitting since the late 70`s. Even when i was a kid i knew not to use Turtle Wax! :har:

JS GTI #47
05-30-2010, 10:12 AM
:waxing:

Is "Cattage" a new brand of LSP?

imported_ErnDog
05-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Damn this guys is pro...I wonder why hes not on ExpertVillage...:LOLOL

washburn
05-30-2010, 11:13 AM
:waxing:

Is "Cattage" a knew brand of LSP?

Yes but its just a little random cattage.

944obscene
05-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Good thing it was a Grand Caravan. That paint could look really good, but I`m certain that he didn`t have any clue as to why his correction job didn`t bring back a bright shine.

I could do a better job with a sandblaster and leather cleaner (ultimate sarcasm).

sulla
05-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Saw this on DB the other day... Thanks for bringing it here jono20... =D

He said...

"If you don`t see red on the sanding paper, it`s still safe to scrub the paint"

:X

NOT COOL !!!!!!!

In all fairness judging from the stuff he uses I think his clip must`ve been made in the 90s that kind of method/technique is actually quite common back then...

The guy might`ve been an autopian too now and laughing his *** off at his `1 beer job foolishness` 10 years ago...

jono20
05-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Even the `Pros` on the internet are a little lacking in skill and technique.

Don`t mind that back window, itll wipe right off ;)

Go ahead and skip to 1:00 :P

YouTube - Polish Car - Remove Swirl Marks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMcgyyjAy7U)

Scottwax
05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
The beer explains a lot...

2007TBSS
05-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Funny thing is the stupid is ingrained so deep that if he won the lottery, he`d still be doing that same technique to a half million dollar Ferrari.

BearValley
05-30-2010, 04:08 PM
:wow:

He must have done 8 or 10 "one beer projects" immediately before this one.

2007TBSS
05-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Haha, he did use the pooling method for the compound rinse, so there may be hope for him yet.

Ben@3D
05-30-2010, 05:07 PM
In the upcoming new version of the Autopia Forum, we will have a new "Article" section. We would like to use this area for those members who provide great value to our forum by having their own articles which may be featured. Articles can be a new detailing technique, industry trend updates, and any other relevant news.

Some topic ideas:

New detailing Trends

Detailing tips

How to do certain detailing processes

Anything automotive or auto detailing related that forum members would enjoy reading.

We will have industry experts par-take in either writing their own articles or an article where they will be interviewed by our staff. We believe that allowing our users to write articles will not only prove to be an exciting opportunity to members with this privilege but also a chance for them to be recognized on our forum site.

Once the Autopia store is open, you will have the ability to earn reward points towards products for your articles.

If you would like to submit articles to be featured please send us articles and any relevant pictures to articles@autopia.org.

We would only like genuinely submitted articles that are useful to the Autopia community. These articles will not be to brag about your product or your detailing services. If you know anyone who may be interested then please let us know who those users may be.

For all other ideas and suggestions please contact us via private message, email or reply below.

Thanks!