PDA

View Full Version : need advice on products/process: detail dynamics sealant. DWG+victoria red. natty blu

lul77
05-29-2010, 12:35 PM
ok so next week its gonna rain like every 2 days so i thought it would be a good opportunity to get my car ready for the summer and layer on some protection. the car is black sapphire metalic. it`s pretty clean except for some light swirls.

the plan:

wash, clay, light polish, prep bond then......

1) detail dynamics sealant for long lasting protection. let it set for a day or so

2) it rains, i wash and go with danase wet glaze 2.0 and lock it in with victoria red wax. this is for that deep wet look and is really the main focus. let it set for a few days

3) it rains again, i wash and top with natty blue as a "sacrificial layer"

is the natty blue redundant and overkill? will there be any issues with bonding or the products interacting? is this even a good idea? probably some dumb questions but i`ve never combined so many different products and tried to do such a complicated layer of protection.

2005GTPinMD
05-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Layering sealants/waxes is not a bad idea. Not sure if there are any problems with the products interacting you could do a comparison on one of the panels to see what happens. I prefer to use a sealant and then top it with a wax or to top sealant with a sealant.

jono20
05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Typically if youre going to layer products:

Glaze > Sealant > Wax, wax, wax.

That`s how I`ve always done it at least. Glazes have little to no protective qualities so it`s best to put them underneath the sealants and waxes

lasthope05
05-29-2010, 05:16 PM
It doesnt matter what what you do it just leave Nattys blue out as its not going to add anything. Vics Red is superior to nattys blue in every way.

Also you can use DWG 2.0 before or after the sealant it doesnt matter as it is an acrylic glaze with a light sealant in it so it will sit well above or below a sealant.

jono20
05-29-2010, 05:28 PM
It doesnt matter what what you do it just leave Nattys blue out as its not going to add anything. Vics Red is superior to nattys blue in every way.

Also you can use DWG 2.0 before or after the sealant it doesnt matter as it is an acrylic glaze with a light sealant in it so it will sit well above or below a sealant.

That`s a little harsh... Natty`s paste wax is an excellent product. Layering quality waxes will add gloss and shine to the finish. Though you may as well not buy two different brands from two different companies.

lasthope05
05-29-2010, 05:48 PM
That`s a little harsh... Natty`s paste wax is an excellent product. Layering quality waxes will add gloss and shine to the finish. Though you may as well not buy two different brands from two different companies.

Dont get me wrong, nattys paste wax is an excellent introduction wax that looks good and is easy to use but thats it. Durability and looks fall flat around 3 weeks.

Vic red on the other hand is on a different playing ground made as a beauty wax for concours cars and rivals the high end waxes. It`s fairly durable, 2.5 to 3 months, and gives a deep warm and glossy look that doesnt really fall off as quickly as nattys.

Layering waxes also will not really add much gloss and shine to a finish as waxes are not optically clear and as they build up with more layers the paint gets cloudier and cloudier. 2 layers to ensure full coverage is all thats needed.

lul77
05-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks for all the info and advice guys

I just bought the Victoria red and still have a nice chunk of natty blue left and didn`t wanna waste it