PDA

View Full Version : Need help in detailing this wheel

stormsearch
05-28-2010, 08:44 PM
I bought these wheels awhile ago and I`m exhausted working on them. They look simple, but the faux bead bolts are really close to the rim and nearly impossible to keep clean or remove polish/sealant.

I`ve used a nice boar hair`s brush, but it appears to be not strong enough to get behind those bolts. I have other brushes but don`t want to be too strong with them for fear of adding scratches. Does anybody know if the Mother`s Powercone would work on something like these to add/remove polish/sealant?

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/7940566/aview/mXD7987.jpg

extrem clean
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
pressure washer

swan
05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Does anybody know if the Mother`s Powercone would work on something like these to add/remove polish/sealant?

pressure washer

Never tried this method. Explain this one to me.:think:

Yes the power cone should be fine to use on those even though it doesn`t look like much room to work with.

WMD-DFW
05-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Sonax Wheel Cleaner

stormsearch
05-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Sonax Wheel Cleaner

Sonax ok for wax?

getcha
05-29-2010, 07:47 PM
P21s gel or some strong car wash soap with a robust natural hair brush. You cannot let sonax dry. P21S can dry and come off no problem..

If those wheels are painted and the bead bolts are chrome, something like eagle 1 A2Z cleaner is fine as well. Obviously as with any cleaner or soap just rinse well and dry :2thumbs: