PDA

View Full Version : Tornador - Double agent?

Danspeed1
05-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Hello,

So I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a Tornador. After my buddy lent me his to try I am addicted. However I have also had my eye on a foam gun. I can`t afford both at the moment but I am thinking I may not have to. Went on the autogeek site tonight and took a close look at the pictures of both. Seems like the Tornador could double as a foam gun if I changed a couple of the components back and forth. What are your thoughts on this. Is it possible to buy the Tornador and the components for the foam gun and have both? What do I need to have both assuming I buy the tornador?

DG

sparklescarwash
05-27-2010, 05:13 AM
I have 2 tornadors and one foam gun almost the same product but do not think that they could be swaped easly without breaking if u r interisted buying used I will make u a sweet deal pm me

IC3DT3
05-27-2010, 05:55 PM
i remember reading on a another forum that someone had done this.

Danspeed1
06-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Well I got it.. haven;t tried it yet. Also bought the foam gun fitting... but can`t figure out how to install it, so it looks like its just an interior cleaner.

DG

KnuckleBuckett
06-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Please keep us informed!

Dirt-B-Gone
06-12-2010, 04:49 PM
The Tornador is a BIG time saver!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Street5927
06-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I like the use of the Tornador for those hard to get at crevices, air vents, etc., however, I think trying to convert it into a foam gun may be difficult. Where do you hook up the hose, will the soap cause it to clog, will the water cause the thing that rotates in the cone break....I personally wouldn`t try it. I have both a Tornador and a Foam Gun and Foam Cannon, and they each have their individual purpose without tryin to "cross purpose" them.

imported_ErnDog
06-13-2010, 12:25 AM
I was also thinking the same thing, if you notice all the replacement parts are basically the same, except for the Foam Cone/Cleaner Nozzle...Im still debating on buying one just to check lol

imported_dfazekas
06-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Where`d you find the foam gun fitting at, if you don`t mind my asking.

Eliot Ness
06-16-2010, 12:14 AM
I have both a Tornador and a foam gun. With a Gilmour foam gun selling for under $40 shipped on Amazon it hardly seems worthwhile to risk dorking up the more expensive Tornador.

Where`d you find the foam gun fitting at, if you don`t mind my asking.

Gilmour has a parts list included with each foam gun and they will provide (sell) replacement parts.

imported_dfazekas
06-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Gilmour has a parts list included with each foam gun and they will provide (sell) replacement parts.

Thanks very much! :)

johnboy
06-17-2010, 04:35 PM
just wondering if you or anyone has used megs apc with the tonador

imported_dfazekas
06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
just wondering if you or anyone has used megs apc with the tonador

that`s all I use with it actually

wasn`t too fond of the tornador at first, but i`ve been playing around with it more recently and I love it

KnuckleBuckett
06-18-2010, 05:12 AM
that`s all I use with it actually

wasn`t too fond of the tornador at first, but i`ve been playing around with it more recently and I love it

Why weren`t you happy with it at first?

imported_dfazekas
06-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Why weren`t you happy with it at first?

I didn`t think it was as efficient as cleaning by hand

(in the sense that most of the time I could clean something faster by hand)

But, after talking with some people, I figured out that I had my psi set too low on my compressor.

Once I turned that up it started working a lot better.