PDA

View Full Version : New wheel cleaner suggestions?

Pages : [1] 2

Labster
05-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Been a long time user of P21s gel and love it just looking to see if there`s anything new out there that anyone can recommend. I`m always up for trying something new. The only requirement is that it be safe to use on all wheels. I already have a reserve of Megs Wheel Brightener should I encounter anything terrible.

WMD-DFW
05-26-2010, 09:56 PM
ONR and OPC

BigAl3
05-26-2010, 10:01 PM
haven`t used this yet, but seems to be pretty similiar to the EO1 all wheel & tire cleaner which is great stuff. it`s also availabe in a gallon size for around $30...

Cleaning Wheels and Tires Made Easy with Mothers® Foaming All Wheel & Tire Cleaner - Wax Forum (http://www.waxforum.com/showthread.php?t=3883)

Setec Astronomy
05-27-2010, 06:05 AM
I would look into the new Sonax stuff, very expensive but I don`t think it`s much worse than the P21S. the ultimate wheel cleaner Sonax Wheel Cleaner (http://www.detailersdomain.com/sonax-wheelcleaner.aspx) No one here seems to have done a real review, so it`s hard to tell if it actually works better or if it`s just that cool color change...

tom p.
05-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Lab, I bought this Autoglym product a month ago and it`s fabulous stuff. I`m getting close to the point where I`ll be declaring it my preferred wheel cleaner over P21S and Griot`s.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3089/IMG_0977.JPG

Rez90
05-27-2010, 06:56 AM
I`ve been using griots for a long time and have always liked it. I believe it`s safe for all wheels.

Slik560
05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
+1 for SONAX, at least as far as ease of use. It really does work as advertised. For normal cleaning, I use Griot`s. I save the SONAX for the times when the brake dust gets away from me. ;)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
05-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Lab, I bought this Autoglym product a month ago and it`s fabulous stuff. I`m getting close to the point where I`ll be declaring it my preferred wheel cleaner over P21S and Griot`s.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3089/IMG_0977.JPG

Ya, what ^^ he said....

RaskyR1
05-27-2010, 09:46 AM
I would look into the new Sonax stuff, very expensive but I don`t think it`s much worse than the P21S. the ultimate wheel cleaner Sonax Wheel Cleaner (http://www.detailersdomain.com/sonax-wheelcleaner.aspx) No one here seems to have done a real review, so it`s hard to tell if it actually works better or if it`s just that cool color change...

I`ve heard good things about the Sonax as well. I have a small sample given to me by a customer that I`m going to try out on the next car that comes in with lots of brake dust. Not sure I have enough for more than one wheel but I`ll try and do a quick comparison between it and P21S.

Nagz
05-27-2010, 09:48 AM
+1 for SONAX, at least as far as ease of use. It really does work as advertised. For normal cleaning, I use Griot`s. I save the SONAX for the times when the brake dust gets away from me. ;)

I am planning on getting my hands on some Sonax real soon for really tough jobs (like the 07 bimmer i worked on last night that had baked dust to the core..)

Can somebody suggest me an economical yet still powerful wheel cleaner?

Setec Astronomy
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I am planning on getting my hands on some Sonax real soon for really tough jobs (like the 07 bimmer i worked on last night that had baked dust to the core..)

Can somebody suggest me an economical yet still powerful wheel cleaner?

Certainly the HF/ABF wheel cleaners like Meg`s Wheel Brightener fit that bill. I`m still waiting to hear whether the Sonax can possibly work like an HF wheel cleaner while still being as safe as a neutral cleaner like P21S or Griot`s...if it does I`d guess many of us would pay double what it costs. Maybe at some point the Sonax will be available in bulk.

akimel
05-27-2010, 04:28 PM
I am using the Griot`s wheel cleaner. Given that I attend to the wheels every time I wash the car, I do not need anything stronger. It works well for my needs.

imported_DetailDan
05-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Sonax works. P21s is very weak in my opinion. Might as well just use soap and water.

Alexshimshimhae
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
So far autoglym sonax and megs seem to be mentioned but sonax is expensive?

I`ve tried washing my rims with soap and water with a mitt on my BMW but i can`t seem to get the brake dust out...

...should I be using some kind of brush? and are these things easy to find? (Though I have a feeling I`ll have to find everything I need online..)

Alexshimshimhae
07-06-2010, 01:44 PM
So far autoglym sonax and megs seem to be mentioned but sonax is expensive?

I`ve tried washing my rims with soap and water with a mitt on my BMW but i can`t seem to get the brake dust out...I guess part of the problem is that the rims have these like dimples or something along the edges...anything to get all that out?..

And I hear there are products to repel/protect the rims so that they`re easier to clean?

...should I be using some kind of brush? and are these things easy to find? (Though I have a feeling I`ll have to find everything I need online..)