PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on Polishing

Traeger2591
05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
So I`ve been spending basically the whole day today polishing my car by hand. First off I`d like to say that never again will I polish my entire car by hand lol. Way too much work and takes too much time. Me being a beginner doesn`t really help speed it up either.

Anyway, I`m gonna be leaving tomorrow morning and going to be gone for the weekend. I haven`t finished polishing, nor have I put wax on my car. I only have like the two driver side doors and the roof to polish then I just need to wax. It`s not gonna hurt anything to wait til I get back from my trip to finish up will it? Thanks.

vtec92civic
05-26-2010, 03:42 PM
no but you might have to re wash the vehicle prior to finishing up on the polishing and then may need to re wash prior to applying your lsp.

Traeger2591
05-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Even if it`s gonna be sitting in a garage? I understand there`s gonna be dust on it probably but can`t I just use some quick detailer? I don`t see why I would need to wash the entire car if it`s gonna be sitting inside for a weekend.

BluBrett
05-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Even if it`s gonna be sitting in a garage? I understand there`s gonna be dust on it probably but can`t I just use some quick detailer? I don`t see why I would need to wash the entire car if it`s gonna be sitting inside for a weekend.

QD could be sketchy after 2 days, but a rinseless wash would be perfectly safe and much faster.

Accumulator
05-27-2010, 09:35 AM

Just depends on the conditions inside that garage. I`d lean towards ONRing it; whenever I think I can get by with just a QD I end up marring my freshly polished panels :o And I have a mighty clean shop, too.