PDA

View Full Version : DP Xtreme Foam

ktheo
05-25-2010, 09:34 PM
I just got a Gilmour Foam Gun, the orgional version with the brass parts, and I also picked up some DP Xtreme foam concentrate. Origionaly I thought to just use straight concentrate in the gun and adjust the mixture using the brass valve.

However, this still used the soap rather quickly and I wonder if I am just wasting concentrate.

I did a search and noticed that some people suggest diluting it.

What do you recommend as a good mixing ratio of concentrate to water.

I want the concentrate to last a bit longer, but don`t really want to compromise the foam ability too much.

jenn1270
05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I just got a Gilmour Foam Gun, the orgional version with the brass parts, and I also picked up some DP Xtreme foam concentrate. Origionaly I thought to just use straight concentrate in the gun and adjust the mixture using the brass valve.

However, this still used the soap rather quickly and I wonder if I am just wasting concentrate.

I did a search and noticed that some people suggest diluting it.

What do you recommend as a good mixing ratio of concentrate to water.

I want the concentrate to last a bit longer, but don`t really want to compromise the foam ability too much.

I do it like it says on the website. Like 2 or 4 oz of soap in the container full of water. Shake it up and go. Works like a champ for me.

Jenn

Camaro5Ryan
05-26-2010, 07:37 PM
I agree.. just 2oz of soap, fill with water - you`ll get great suds out of it...

fredcandetail
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I use Megs Super Soap (3oz) with 3 oz of water on C setting and i can soak the entire car and still have enough to was the car .... yes I use the foam gun and a mitt or two to was the car using a bucket.