PDA

View Full Version : t shine

0hstillclean
01-15-2006, 07:51 PM
i said it b4 and i will say this again... MEG`S high endurance is still the best tires shine to my liking ... a little sloppy withthe wipe on butthe smell is incredible and the longevity is great. but its tough to get off in a wash wich bring me to this ... using degreaser full on the clean tired i was told is bad ... when the heavy brown color comes down its suppose to be bad ? someone told me ... i been using degreaser for a while and i have great luck with it ... i disaprove of acid cleaners though ... :nuke:

Djmigs
01-15-2006, 08:49 PM
I agree Megs High Endurance last long..
about the degreaser i simply just wash it with a dedicated tire brush and soap and reapply... i guess you can use Megs Nxt tire cleaner prior to applying High Endurance.....

as for you tires turning a brown color just a thought it is a chemical that prevents deterioration by oxygen and ozone. This chemical turns brown instead of your tire cracking...just a thought some one shared with me but i cant comment if it is true or not

budman3
01-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I`ve heard the same thing about the tires turning brown but I still think it has to do with the tire being dirty and using a poor quality tire dressing. I`ve tried about 10 different dressings and most of them turned brown after a few weeks except for Meguairs Hot Shine. Haven`t tried BnB or Megs High Endurance either... As for cleaning on vehicles that I haven`t applied anything on before gets a Simple Green diluted 50/50 with water with no issues.

Sherman8r44
01-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I`ve heard the same thing about the tires turning brown but I still think it has to do with the tire being dirty and using a poor quality tire dressing.

Same with me; I don`t see tires that are undressed turning brown unless it`s from all the dirt on the surface of the tire. I think it can have to do with excess APC stuck in the pores (if it doesn`t get brushed) or petroleum distillates in heavy gel tire dressings like Meg`s HE. Black Magic was the worst with browning, but water-based Mothers FX doesn`t do anything of the sort.

I clean tires with a degreaser cut 50:50 too.