PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Waffle Weave Microfiber

simracer
05-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Hey all,

Are you still seeing the old microfiber waffle weave towels at Walmart? I was just there today and it seems there are still Microfiber towels in the home section, but I don`t think they were really a waffle weave. Looked like they had a little more of a nap to them. Unfortunately, I don`t have a camera phone, otherwise I`d have grabbed a picture.

JaredPointer
05-25-2010, 06:21 PM
I still buy those two-pack white waffle weaves in the home/kitchen section for non-paint type work. Same as they`ve been for some time, albeit with a higher price tag.

simracer
05-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Hrmm...I`ve been buying them for a while too, but these looked different to me. Didn`t even really mention they were microfiber on the tag. Maybe I just missed seeing the old ones.

Up To Eleven
05-25-2010, 08:23 PM
You`re right. Walmart changed their wwmf towels in the kitchen towel section. They no longer say wwmf. Someone posted a picture of the new packaging but I just searched and couldn`t find it.

I`m not sure if there is a difference in the towels but I bought a pack last week. I haven`t used them. The old Walmart wwmf is my favorite towel for glass cleaning.

wannafbody
05-25-2010, 09:13 PM
For paint the Peak WW at Pep Boys is the softest I`ve found.

BigAl3
05-25-2010, 09:31 PM
i noticed at big lots they have the armor all ultra plush microfiber orange drying towel that felt pretty nice, it was around $4 and seemed nicer than the vroom one from target...

Setec Astronomy
05-26-2010, 06:55 PM
You`re right. Walmart changed their wwmf towels in the kitchen towel section. They no longer say wwmf. Someone posted a picture of the new packaging but I just searched and couldn`t find it.

That would have been me. http://www.autopia.org/forum/good-deals/69234-ww-s-walmart-11.html#post1368802 , and no, I haven`t tried the pack I bought yet.

DM101
05-27-2010, 05:37 AM
Check the tag and see what they are made of.

Setec Astronomy
05-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Check the tag and see what they are made of.

Are you talking to me? If you check my post in that other thread, I note at the bottom that it`s 70% Polyester/30% Cotton. The package says "Soft and absorbent--will not leave lint" and "Perfect for cleaning, drying, and polishing".

simracer
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I had looked at the tag and saw the materials, so I figured it was still "microfiber" even though it didn`t spell it out...aside from the "Doesn`t leave lint" part.

But yeah, the weave just looks a little different. Need to go back out to the garage and check it out for sure.

Should have known something like that was coming when the old towels were marked down to $2.50 a pack.

Setec Astronomy
05-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Just to be clear, MF towels usually are blends of polyester and polyamide, not polyester and cotton as these are now. The weave is definitely textured, but I wouldn`t call it a "waffle weave" anymore.

imported_mburnickas
05-30-2010, 06:18 PM
I got a MF towel (large) at Ocean state junk lot for ha ha`s...Works mint..